Thursday, March 29, 2007

 
This is a really great mememe. Courtesy of Mark, who got it from somewhere else.

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

So, here's how it works:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc.)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool!

Opening Credits: "(Call Me) Number One" - The Tremeloes
Waking Up: "I Know But I Don't Know" - Blondie
First Day At School: "Track 08" - The Former Bullies
Falling In Love: "I Put A Spell On You" - Manfred Mann
Fight Song: "America" - The Nice
Prom: "I Can't Let Maggie Go" - Honeybus
Life: "Goin' Back" - The Byrds
Mental Breakdown: "Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" - Bob Dylan
Driving: "What's Happening?!?!" - The Byrds
Flashback: "Resurrection Joe" - The Cult
Getting Back Together: "Frozen" - Madonna
Wedding: "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" - Rod Stewart
Birth of Child: "W*O*L*D" - Harry Chapin
Final Battle: "The One In The Middle" - Manfred Mann
Death Scene: "Eddie's Dreaming" - The Small Faces
Funeral Song: "Laser Love" - Marc Bolan & T-Rex
Remembrance Song: "Sweetness Follows" - R.E.M.
End Credits: "In The Flesh?" - Pink Floyd

And if I may, a slight addition.

Joke After The End Credits: "#9 Dream" - John Lennon

--------

I need to point out that it is not all misery and distress in Residence Chez Pynchon. Detente (definition: the easing of tensions or strained relations, especially between nations) is the order of the day. I am not winding Lorraine up and she is not winding me up.

I have been putting up with her rising at 5am, leaving the house at 6am, arriving at work at 6:30am (around the time I am waking up), working through her lunch, working late (she gets a lift home, so I piss off at 5:30pm on the dot and shout at the pigeons while I walk to the bus stop), being too tired to do any cooking or washing up so I do it, falling asleep in front of the TV and generally wearing herself out. I smiled when she told me that she would be working this Saturday. I gritted my teeth and smiled when she said that she would also be working Easter Saturday, truncating Good Friday and Easter Monday, so putting the mockers on myself arranging a day out in the smoke as her late Birthday present.

Yes. Relations have been just fine. There have been no arguments in days. That is good. I even had a hug this evening, or did Lorraine just trip into me? I think it was a hug. Yes, it was. It was followed by a chaste kiss on the cheek.

If I said nothing I truly believe that we could be together forever. A civilized couple, sharing a house, separate rooms, separate lives. Friends. Good friends. No rocking of the boat. Civilized.

The weekend cannot come quickly enough.

I don't want to be fucking civilized. I want blood red emotion and passion. What am I? An old man.

Fuck off.

I will be at the Sugababes gig at the NEC tomorrow night, so I will be back on Saturday or Sunday. I am really looking forward to the Sugababes gig. I fully expect to be the oldest person at the gig by about 25 years. It concerned me, briefly, when I purchased the ticket, but then I thought "bollocks to it". I like the Sugababes. I'm going to the gig to sing and dance to some pop music, not to grope pre-pubescent teenage girls.

Later people.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Love your 'choice' of wedding song.. ;-)
 
I'll definitely do that mememe.

Watch on my blog when I eventually get round to doing it!

Glad to hear there's peace in Chez Pynchon.
 
No wonder Lorraine's libido is nil! She's overworked and exhausted. That can't be good for her.

But yes... peace is good. I hope you have that conversation soon.
 
If my life were a movie the sound track would either be "I can't get no satisfaction" or else the Bugs Bunny theme song. Maybe both.
 
Check out my list. It starts off good, then it gets seriously weird. Maybe this says something about my music taste.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?