Wednesday, October 24, 2007

 
One way or another there will be a review of Maximium Bob's Shuffleathon CD at this very spot tomorrow. I am most of the way through writing it, but I am still not happy. I think a time limit is called for.

In other news, Lorraine is horrified by the use of her favourite song of all time ("Dock Of The Bay" by Otis Redding) in a car advert. I think the phrase she actually used was 'advertising scum fucking bastards'. True, I did feel much the same when they used "My Generation" by the Who is an ice cream ad.

Labels:


Comments:
My personal worst moment was when they used the Velvet Underground's "I'm Sticking With You" in an ad. Can't remember what it was for.

Hmm. Looking forward to this review, though I am disturbed that you don't seem to have enjoyed writing it.
 
I'm sure Pynchon's just trying to do justice to your brilliant mix. My favorite ironic song used in an ad is Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" in the Carnival Cruise commercials. They leave out the line about injecting drugs into your ear, although that's what I would want to do between shuffleboard and the midnight buffet.
 
Hi Bob.

Actually Katy isn't far off the mark on that one. I wanted to write something worthy of the effort that went into the compilation, even if it wasn't all to my taste.

Anyway. The review is up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?