Tuesday, September 11, 2007

 
I am busy.

Swiss Toni is doing another Shuffleathon. Of course this means that I am working long hours on the track listing for "The Greatest Compilation Album In The World, Volume 3".

(Eh? Volume 3? Assuming that the entry into last years Shuffleathon was Volume 1, surely it should be Volume 2? Well, yes. Volume 2 was sent to a friend in the States (Hi there Katy!), along with Volume 1, when the lady suggested a Cross Cultural Music Swap. Maybe Volume 2 will surface again one day. I don't know.)

Other than the obvious (12 tracks only) my only rule re. the Shuffleathon is that I do not repeat artistes or tracks.

It is frustrating, maddening and insanity. I have stopped eating. I have stopped sleeping. I have aged 20 years. Young children shun me in the street. Dogs sniff me suspiciously.

I am down to about a 1000 tracks. Only 988 to discard.

Damn you Swiss Toni!

Need it be said, it is great fun. If you fancy joining in, let the mighty Swiss know. The more merrier. There were 32 of us last year.

Labels:


Comments:
You have wonderful tastes in pop, Pynchon. Excellent mix (and actually, I prefer #2 to #1, so you should share it with others!).
 
fuck. were there really 32 last time around? There was me thinking we were doing quite well this time around. I'll do a proper post on it inviting suggestion on guidelines at some point. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the subject. How many tracks? Should there be a rule that it has to include your favourite song from a soundtrack or anything? Or just free choice? I loved this last year. It was a bit of an effort, but I loved the sharing around of music.

Everyone is welcome, incidentally. It's not a closed club.

ST
 
katy: Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Maybe it will beome known as the great, lost Pynchon mix. Keep hold of it. It will make you a million dollars one day.

BTW, glad you are joining this in this time. I saw your comment on Swiss' blog.

swiss: I am pretty sure it was 32 people last time. I think you might end up with more this time.

I'll comment on your blog, re. guidelines.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?