Thursday, August 23, 2007

 
England 1-2 Germany.

I chose to abandon watching the game after the first half and turned over to watch "Heroes". By all accounts I had seen everything there was to see.

What's that again? You want a picture of Hayden Panettiere? Oh, all right then. If you insist.



I know. You have a question. Do I get embarrassed as a nearly 44 year old man (on Friday next week, kids, if anybody wants to send me a present) lusting over a teenage actress playing a cheerleader? Certainly not. What am I supposed to lust over?

Er...

Nothing else to write, really. My nemesis returned to work today. I ignored him and he ignored me. He's a cunt and I am not. (At least I think I'm not, but please feel free to let me know if you think I am.)

I am thinking of doing a post introducing you to all of my work colleagues, good and bad. If somebody at work is reading this, and I suspect that they might be, it just might get me the sack.

Fantastic! I'm going to do it. Next week. I'll be honest. They can brace me on it if they want. I'm in a self destruction state of mind.

I can feel a mememe coming on. Courtesy of Mr. Planet.

Hi, my name is: Pynchon.

But you can call me: Sir.

Never in my life have I: Felt like a grown up, fully competent person.

The one person who can drive me nuts is: Lorraine, for all sorts of reasons.

My high school was: A womb that I hated to leave.

When I’m nervous I: Get headaches.

The last song I listened to was: "Night Of Fear" by The Move.

If I were to get married right now it would be: A mistake.

My hair is: Disappearing fast and what is left is going grey.

When I was 4: It was 1967 and I clearly remember watching TV on which a man was running down a beach being chased by a balloon. (No question, it must have been "The Prisoner" I was watching.)

Last Christmas: "I gave you my heart. But the very next day, you gave it away". It's a classic.

I should be: In a better place mentally than this.

When I look down I see: That some of the buttons of my shorts have gone missing. Hey! Let it all hang out, man!

The happiest recent event was: Getting one over on some arseholes from one of the Caribbean sites. I proved without a shadow of a doubt that it was they that fucked up and not me. I got a kind of apology, as well.

If I were a character on "Friends": I'd be Chandler, who was the least annoying character.

By this time next year: I hope that some things will have been sorted out.

My current gripe is: That I feel isolated. In all ways, really.

There’s this girl I know who: Worked on a sex phone line. Nice girl. Very matter of fact about it.

I have a hard time understanding: Accounting systems. (Work stuff. Not interesting.)

There’s these girls: At work that I refer to as the Witches Of Eastwick...

If I won an award, the first person I would tell would be: Lorraine.

I want to buy: Nothing in particular, but finishing paying for this house would give me great satisfaction.

I plan to visit: Las Vegas, again.

If you spent the night at my house: I have no idea where you would sleep, because the spare room is now my room, the big bedroom is used by Lorraine and the bed in the back room is covered with junk.

The world could do without: People forcing their opinions on everybody else.

Most recent thing I’ve bought myself: Some magazines, I suppose.

Most recent thing someone else bought me: was some shower gel.

My middle name is: Tiberius, or was that somebody else's middle name?

In the morning I: Always wake up before the alarm clock.

Last night I was: Watching the football and then I watched "Heroes". (I've already been through this. Were you not paying attention?)

There’s this guy I know who: I have the greatest of respect for as a UNIX technical support analyst. He really is smart, knowledgeable and incredibly clever. Truly a genius who knows his stuff backwards. Sadly I am also constantly disappointed by the lack of respect he shows to everybody who is not part of the clique, is not his buddy and has no wish to be one of his toady's. I also think that it is unseemly the way he has his tongue constantly wedged between the (humongous) buttock cheeks of the office manager.

If I was an animal I’d be a: Shark. (Swimming around. Smiling at the little fish. "I'm not hungry yet, but I might be... later.")

A better name for me would be: Steve. Steve's your buddy. Steve's your mate. Steve is cool. Steve McQueen. Steve McGarrett. Steve Austin. James Bond is a Steve. ("The Tao Of Steve". Check it out.)

Tomorrow I am: On my last day at work before my week off.

Tonight I am: Going to bed in a minute.

My birthday is: Next week! 31st August 2007. The 10th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. (I have been through this before.)

You got this from: Me!

Be Cool.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Week next Friday? Sadly, sir - I'm triple booked. But A week Saturday... how about a trip up broad St to celebrate on yr behalf?

Oh, and tuesday, its the movie. Soemthign about burning wooden effigies...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?