Friday, June 22, 2007

 
Last Sunday I went to see "Ne Le Dis à Personne" or "Tell No One".



Minor spoiler, but only of the start of the movie.

Eight years after the brutal kidnapping and murder of his wife, her still traumatised husband Alex (François Cluzet) receives a mysterious email. It appears to be from his wife. (Now, that's what I call snail mail.) Is his wife alive, and if she is, who died eight years ago, and why?

I have Harlan Corben's novel "Tell No One" gathering dust on my bookshelf. I've never read it. Actually I'm having trouble remembering how I obtained it. Maybe it's Lorraine's, although she claims she didn't buy it. From the film it looks more like the kind of thing I would buy, rather than the kind of thing she would buy.

Doesn't matter. I loved the film. "Ne Le Dis à Personne" is really great, edge of the seat stuff. Exactly the kind of labyrinth, paranoid thriller that I used to love, once upon a time. Layers and layers of deception, stripped away as the film progresses. Great stuff, totally engrossing and with one of the best on-foot chase sequences ever committed to film.

I'm surprised that Hollywood did not make the movie first. No doubt an English language adaptation is in the works as we speak. I hope not. Thank you, Hollywood, but a remake is not required.

Tomorrow I am having my twice yearly checkup at the Dentist. I don't envisage any problems. Then I will probably see "Captivity", starring Elisha Cuthbert. I have heard nothing good about "Captivity", so obviously it the essential choice.

Jimi Hendrix once wrote a song about the lovely Elisha.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?