Saturday, May 26, 2007

 
Sister 3 annoys the hell out of me.

After my Nephew's birthday lunch at the Dragon BBQ Chinese Buffet (cheap, cheerful and shit, but there were 17 of us there including family, girlfriends, boyfriends and children, and my Sister did pay for a fair few of them), I have spent a frustrating afternoon at her house trying to find out why the speakers on her computer have stopped working.

I am Sherlock Holmes. I pieced it together. It took time. I'm a bit nervous when messing about with software. Sister 3 had accidentally uninstalled her Realtek High Definition Audio Driver.

Eh? How is it possible to accidentally uninstall an audio driver?

Ah, but it wasn't her! A friend who knows a "bit about computers" tried to install Real Player, fucked it up, and uninstalled everything with the word 'Real' in the title. The first time they realised anything was wrong was when they tried to play a clip on You Tube.

Utter clown. Particular pain in the arse today because Lorraine and I had vague plans to visit the cinema this afternoon, which is the only time Lorraine has free. Hairdresser's tomorrow. Monday... I don't know, probably work.

Anyway, it will be sorted tomorrow. At Sister 3's house today I found that I was getting tied up in knots, and a couple of attempts to find and download the correct version did not work. I've come home, had another look and a think and now I know what is to be done. I am going back tomorrow to sort it out.

I'm off. Could be a classic "Doctor Who" tonight. You mark my words.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?