Thursday, May 24, 2007

 
Generally it has been a quiet day.

I went back to work this morning, but managed to get nothing concrete done until the afternoon. I forgot that I was booked onto some bullshit course from 9am, so that took up the whole of the morning. (The Company is pushing to get all it's support employees accredited in IT Service Management, and I am one of the guinea pigs. It is a beautiful fantasy, but it ain't gonna happen without an almighty pulling up of The Company's socks. Total waste of money. They could have given me a pay rise.)

This afternoon I read all the emails that had accumulated in my inbox during my 5 days off. There were hundreds and hundreds of the fuckers. Day after day I drown in a blizzard of correspondence. It's ludicrous and ridiculous and I have been quite vocal about the situation. I reckon that less than 5% of the emails are relevant to what I do. I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Then, finally, Tina Noir gave me a couple of hours worth of training on one aspect of supporting the new product. She was thorough. She demonstrated it carefully. I made good notes. I tried it for myself. She corrected some misunderstandings. It was good.

Home time. Freddie Podge gave me a lift. (Lorraine was on mornings and had already left.)Freddie said how much he liked "28 Weeks Later". I growled at him, but admitted that some of it was really good. Freddie is an Albion fan and is off to the Wembley on Monday for the play off final. I hope Albion win. We need more of the Midlands teams in the Premiership. Also 6 easy points for us next season. Ha ha ha!

This evening we had mackerel, peas, onions and mash, followed by most of a large bar of chocolate. I felt quite sick when I was doing the washing up, or was it the act of doing the washing up that made me feel sick?

Now I'm here.

Ho hum.

I know. I think I will copy some music onto my MP3 player. I have just obtained "A Carnival Of Hits", which is a compilation of the best of the Seekers, and "All Over The Place", which was the first album by the Bangles. The latter was very difficult to get hold of. I eventually managed to get hold of it via the Vinyl Tap website. Very good site. Very fast service. To be honest, I did pay a little over the odds to obtain it, but I think it will be worth it.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Gosh, I haven't heard The Seekers for years. Some of those tracks really bring back memories, mostly of my pre-pubescent years! Are you sure you're old enough to remember them?
 
Hey, Pynchon. This is a random note, but I wanted to pass on a gig that you should see: Cansei de Ser Sexy and Gwen Stefani. I wish I could go, but alas, all the dates are in Europe. So, you should be my proxy. http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/43155-css-add-more-gigs-many-with-gwen-stefani
 
dougzar: I know them like I know the Beatles. i.e. I have no memory of them as a working band, but they have always been about.

My Gran loved the Seekers and she had records. "The Carnival Is Over" was played at her funeral. I think that it is the saddest goodbye song of all time.

katyola: Oooh... I don't know about that. Lack of money, you see. Then again, I have just booked to see Ian Brown in September...
 
Oh, email hell. I think I spend most of my work day on managing my inbox. (No that's not meant to be dirty.) I can't even remember what work used to be like when you just went in and, well, did your job without constant interruption.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?