Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 
Re-reading my last post I think that I gave the impression that I am drunk constantly. Not exactly true. I rarely drink any alcohol during the week and don't normally do too much of it at the weekend. Frankly I don't know what came over me last weekend. The special occasion of going out with Lorraine for the evening? The urge to show off with my family? The intention to drink my Brother under the table?

Stupid and ridiculous.

I have a mememe. Stolen from lots of places. (Frankly I have nothing much else to write.)

1. Do you still talk to the person you LAST kissed? Yes, I do. I kissed my Niece, or to be more accurate, my Niece gave me a kiss on the cheek. It's her birthday next week (she will be 10) and she called me up yesterday to say that she would like as a present the first book written by Katie Price/Jordan, "Being Jordan" (WTF?) and some money.

2. Have you ever seen your best friends cry? Yes. I have seen Lorraine cry, but other best friends? What best friends? Don't be ridiculous.

3. What kind of vitamins did you take as a kid? Nothing whatsoever, as far as I can recall.

4. What is the last thing you ate? Gammon, egg and chips. Not a healthy choice, but it was Lorraine's idea, so at least I can blame her.

5. Did you get any compliments today? Actually, yes I did. From Lorraine. It was at my official work appraisal. She said that I have done a really good job on supporting the old product by myself, the proof of the pudding being that I was practically the only person in the Support Section that has not been complained about by the customers. Yes, surprised me as well.

6. Have you ever gone to court? No.

7. There was no number 7 on the original mememe, so I suppose I had better make a question up. How about, what was your first memory? My 7th birthday party. There was a cake. There were balloons. There were a million adults getting pissed. I think there was also a fight between uncles. Ah... Great times.

8. Are you friends with your neighbours? Mr. Rasta and his missus Gillian are very nice people and the foxy Keren is... foxy, but friends? Not really. They keep to themselves and so do we.

9. No question number 9. I'll make up one. Who would be your celebrity girlfriend/boyfriend? Kate Winslet. 8 years now and going strong. (Since "Holy Smoke".)



10. What language does your mum speak? English.

11. Where have you lived throughout your life? Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham.

12. What's the last piercings you got? I haven't got any piercings.

13. When was the last time you drove more than 15 minutes? Drove myself? Early 90's. Was driven? Today. We had a lift home.

14. Do you get distracted easily? Completely. I cannot concentrate on anything lately.

15. Have you ever thrown up/passed out from drinking? Thrown up, yes. Passed out, no.

16. How many times have you drank alcohol? Must be thousands of times.

17. No question 17. So, should Al Gore run? Yes, he should. I think he would make a difference.

18. Have you ever played Spin the Bottle? No.

19. Have you ever toilet papered someones house? No, but my Brother once painted somebody's windows red in the middle of the night, because they called my Mom a whore.

20. Have you ever had a crush on your Sister's/Brother's friend? My Brother has known many a fine wench and I have fancied all of them.

21. Have you ever gone to a beach? I have.

22. Have you ever had a stalker? No. Never.

23. Do you remember your music teacher's names? Mrs. Smith. Cannot remember any of the others.

24. How good is your eyesight? I need glasses for close reading and computer work, but I read a newspaper on the bus without them.

25. Have you ever gone to a party? I have.

26. Would you ever swim with the sharks? I cannot swim, so I would probably drown and the sharks would eat me. So, no.

27. What would you say if I told you I was in love with your bro? Good luck.

28. Have you ever been out of your country? U.S.A., France, Italy, North Africa, other places.

29. Have you seen your best friend naked? I have seen Lorraine sans clothes, but not recently.

30. What's the best wedding you've been to? My Boss at the Chemical Company. Loads of money spent. He hired an opera singer to perform at the Church and she was fantastic. Brilliant disco, brilliant food (his missus' son was a high class chef). Total class the whole day/night.

31. Would your parents be mad if you got suspended for fighting? My Mom, yes. My Dad would have asked me if I left them standing, and if I'd said yes, he would have been mad.

32. Where are your siblings right now? Sister 1, probably gone to bed. Sister 2, watching TV. Sister 3, probably with a man doing whatever she likes to do. Brother, on the computer talking to one of his ladies.

33. Do you have a Coach, Fendi or Louis Vuitton purse? Sadly I do not know what such items are, but I do have a mighty fine selection of Ben Sherman T-shirts.

34. What's the last dream you can remember? I was out with Lorraine's Brother in law, something happened and I lost all of my money. I blamed the cunt with a passion.

35. Who was the last person that called you? My Niece. See 1.

36. What time did you wake up this morning? 5:45.

37. What did you do this weekend? Read the blog. It's all there.

38. What does the 4th text message on your phone say? Text message? I've not turned the phone on in weeks. (Note that it is the phone and not my phone. We share it.)

39. No question 39. Name one famous person who died too young. Buddy Holly, for obvious reasons. He was just getting started. The history of popular music would have been very different, if he had lived.



40. When was the last time you were sick and where was it? A few weeks ago at Sister 1's. Vomiting, shitting (without going to the toilet), stomach cramps. Shall I go on? No. I still have no idea what caused it.

41. Who's the last celebrity you touched? I think that it may have been the actor David Warner who was signing autographs at a Memorabilia Fair at the NEC. He signed my copy of "Sympathy For The Devil", which was part of the "Unbound" series of alternate Doctor Who audio adventures. A different actor played The Doctor in each story and Mr. Warner was one of them. (Others included Geoffrey Bayldon, David Collings, Michael Jayston, Derek Jacobi and... gulp... Arabella Weir. It is very good series, by the way.) I shook Mr. Warner's hand. He was a very nice man.

42. What's in your back pocket? I am wearing joggers which do not have a back pocket.

43. When was the last time you smoked a cigg? I smoked until the early 80's and then stopped. Never regretted it.

44. Do you want to be pregnant right now? I wouldn't have thought so. It would probably ruin my Godlike physique.

45. Do you wear coloured contacts? No.

46. Another missing question. Name an unusual identifying physical characteristic which is yours and yours alone? All of the Pynchon men have the same rare fingerprint on the finger next to the little finger on both hands. It is called a plain whorl and looks it like this.



My Dad had it, I have it, so does my Brother and so does my nephew.

47. What were you doing at 4am this morning? Sleeping.

48. What do you usually do first in the morning? Turn the alarm off.

49. Do you know anybody in the Army? No.

50. What are you going to do after this? I may work on an alternate Beatles timeline on Other Timelines. Or I may go to bed.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Home made gammon, egg and chips. Cor!
 
Cor is a good word.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?