Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 
There is a sense of disquiet in residence chez Pynchon. I feel nervous and anxious. I don't know what to do with myself. I get up. I wander around the house. I go out. I come home. I eat. I watch TV. (Last night Lorraine convinced me that I wanted to watch "Roman Holiday" starring Audrey Hepburn. Nice little film, bittersweet even, but so fucking slow. Yawns loudly. Lorraine recently bought a box set of Audrey Hepburn films - "Breakfast At Tiffany's", "Funny Face", "Paris - When It Sizzles", "Sabrina" and "Roman Holiday" and I have honestly enjoyed all of them except for "Roman Holiday".) I go to bed.

Bollocks to this. I know what it is. I put it down the presence of the builders outside doing the off road parking thing.

They have done nothing to me. They are perfectly nice guys. The job looks good. The site is as tidy as it can be. Bar a couple of delays due to bad weather, the job looks like it will nearly be completed on time. All is good.

Except that I want the builders gone. I don't want them knocking my door and wanting something from me. I don't want the hassle. I want things to be serene and straight and nice. I want peace and quiet. I don't want to be bothered.

If I was paranoid I might suspect that Lorraine planned for this disaster to happen while I was having a break from work, so that I would have to deal with it, but I'm not paranoid. Am I?

Nah, just mentally ill. Probably.

(Takes deep breath.)

I am out later seeing the Fratellis at the Carling Academy. Before that I will be meeting up with the mighty Graham for a brew or two. Before that I will be making some phone calls and before that I will be watching the news. Which is about 10 minutes away.

So, I'll leave you with this clip that I found on You Tube. Enjoy. It's not as rocking as the Katrina and the Waves version, but didn't the Bangles look nice and didn't Mr. Spock look cool? And Debbi Petersen sings lead!

Pop music. Isn't it great?

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Argh. I hate having builders and workmen around too. I get all edgy and annoyed by their presence, no matter how nice they are or what a good job they're doing. So no... it's not just you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?