Sunday, February 24, 2008

 
Nearly 10:30 pm in the UK. The Oscars coverage starts in 3 hours or so. Just time for my main predictions before I have a quick nap.

Best Film: "No Country For Old Men".
Best Director: Joel and Ethan Cohen (for "No Country For Old Men").
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis (for "There Will Be Blood").
Best Actress: Marion Cotillard (for "La Vie En Rose").
Best Supporting Actor: Casey Affleck (for "The Assassination Of Jessie James By The Coward Robert Ford").
Best Original Screenplay: Cody Diablo (for "Juno").
Best Adapted Screenplay: Christopher Hampton (for "Atonement").

I have yet to see "There Will Be Blood", "La Vie En Rose" or "Juno", and lots of the other nominated films, so let's just say that these predictions are based on a mix of previous form, wishful thinking, guesswork and the once and future Pynchon sending the list of winners via tachyon particles, to this point in time, which manifested themselves in my dreams. (Reminder to myself: At some point I really must buy "Prince Of Darkness" on DVD.)

I am really tired. This is what two bottles of wine with Lorraine at a nice Italian restaurant will do to you. We never even made it to the cinema. Probably not the best preparation for staying up all night.

I will now rest.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?