Monday, February 25, 2008

 
Missing line from the last post.

Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett (for "I'm Not There").

I would have got it wrong. Ce la vie.

The good.

Of the six bets I put on, four of them came in correct, which means I was up by about 7 quid. In the annual Pynchon Vs. Lorraine Oscar contest I also won, but for the first time it was a close run thing. I won by 1. It was neck and neck until the end when Lorraine, swayed no doubt by the beauty of gorgeous George, voted for "Michael Clayton" for Best Film. Insanity at it's finest. Not that I didn't like "Michael Clayton", I did, but only one of two films was going to win Best Film on Sunday night.

The bad.

Some fucker (Virgin Media? Sky? Don't know yet) pulled the plug on the Oscar coverage on Sky Premiere, Sky Premiere + 1 and Sky Screen 1 at 4am, this morning. After ringing the customer care line to complain and ascertaining that there was nobody there and the customers could go hang, I then checked the service status on the website. No mention of anything untoward on there, either. I went to bed with a rage that nearly turned me green.

This morning I rang the customer care line and talked to a very nice lady who said that Sky Premiere always ceased broadcasting at approximately 2am. Clearly bollocks and I said so. I know that this time last year the Sky movie channels were still branded as Sky Movies 1, 2, 3, etc., and this year they are branded as Drama, Indie, Classic, etc., but I watched the Oscar coverage last year with no problems and I should have been able to watch it this year with no problems.

I have written two letters of complaint. Frankly I just want to know what happened and who was playing silly buggers. If the letters are ignored, I will be writing to the Managing Director of Virgin Media, with the envelope marked 'Private and Confidential). I am sure that he will be delighted to explain what happened to me himself.

I would not have bothered to stay up all night if I knew that the coverage was going to end before the Best Film was announced.

Yours, disgruntled.

Labels: ,


Comments:
That's horrible. I hate it when companies try to write off your complaints, when they are clearly at fault.

I missed the Oscars as I was busy with a paper. What did you think of John Stewart??
 
I shall pursue them like the Terminator.

John Stewart was fine, but not as good as Billy Crystal or Steve Martin.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?