Thursday, February 21, 2008

 
If it's not one thing it's another.

Last night, sometime between 9pm and 10pm, the radiator in the kitchen sprung a leak. I think it was probably closer to 9pm, because by the time I went into the kitchen at 10pm, there was enough water on the kitchen floor to do a breaststroke across the room.

Panic? 'Course I did. Then Lorraine used her waspish Thatcher-Bitch tone on me, I calmed down and we got on with it.

We mopped up the water. We stuck a bucket underneath the leak. Could we isolate the radiator ourselves? No chance. Some fool had painted over the... Sorry, don't know what they are called. The bits you can turn to cut off the water. Anyway, there was nothing in Lorraine's toolbox that fitted the knob-turny thing We looked at the terms and conditions of the plumbing insurance we have with Severn Trent. We were covered. Aces. Rang the emergency line. No chance of anybody coming out tonight. How about first thing tomorrow morning? OK. No choice really, unless we wanted to pay somebody else? No.

We calculated that the bucket would fill up in two and a bit hours. Lorraine decided that she would be the one who would stay up through the night and would go to bed at 4am. I would get up normally at 6am, waking her up before I left for work at 8am. She would then stay at home waiting for the plumber and would dial into work and work from home.

All sorted now. Radiator isolated and no more leaks. Didn't cost us a penny, either. Thank Jesus Christ and all his worshippers for that!

I had a fitful night's sleep, last night. Do you blame me?

********

Daisy: I know I haven't replied to any of your comments about "No Country For Old Men". I will, but not tonight.

I also have reviews to write of "The Diving Bell And The Butterfly" and "Definitely, Maybe". It might not matter squat to anybody else, but it does matter to me to get those reviews on the blog. Call it a matter of being consistent.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I've been considering buying a house, but with the trouble you've had over the past few months, renting and just calling a landlord to deal with it is sounding pretty good right about now.
 
Jen, buy my house!!!! Please!!!!

I wish we had plumbers insurance here. They really know how to rape you. So do the electricians. The last time we had a plumber in they charged us $210 for 5 mninutes worth of work. I swear plumbers are richer than Bill Gates.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?