Friday, February 08, 2008

 
Flashback to the early 1990's.

The Company I was working for at the time was holding it's annual Christmas squawk at the Royal Angus Thistle Hotel in Birmingham. I turned up for the do in a taxi, not wanting to risk creasing my suit by travelling on public transport, at exactly the same time as a girl called Debbie.

Debbie worked in the training section and was a striking looking woman. A beautiful, tall, red headed girl. Mid 30's with a bearing about her. Truly fine, classy and elegant, and as sexy as hell.

I said to Debbie, "You look really nice".

And Debbie said to me, "You too, John. You look gorgeous. Good enough to eat."

With that, she took my arm and we walked into the hotel and the party together, and everybody, everybody was watching us.

I am feeling old, tired and unwanted, but I remember when a woman thought I was gorgeous and good enough to eat.

Labels:


Comments:
that john is still there mate... the old magic is still in there somewhere, and you need to believe that.

ST
 
I know it's the least of your 'worries' but that was a very eloquent post and I loved it.
 
I was going to say what ST, said but he's already said it...so just read that again, will you?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?