Monday, January 28, 2008

 
On Thursday evening I outlined roughly to Lorraine what had happened at lunchtime that day. Lorraine likes injustice even less than I do and basically said that she would now have to do something because otherwise nobody else would.

Obviously the rest of this is second hand because I was not party to everything that happened re. John after Thursday night.

On Friday Lorraine talked (informally) with everybody who was at the table including Phil. Phil said that sometimes the Rodent (I like that nickname) could be "A little strong", but that he (Phil) did not want to complain because he didn't want to get anybody into trouble. Another guy said that he was sure that the Rodent "Didn't mean anything" and that I was making too much of what he said. A couple of other people said that the Rodent was "Out of order" and that he "Doesn't speak to anybody else like that."

It was enough for Lorraine.

After talking to Phil's manager, who admitted that Phil was not the kind of guy who would stand up for himself and would let himself be walked all over for the sake of a quiet life, Lorraine went and talked to the Rodent's manager. Guess what the Rodent's manager's reaction was?

"We've had other complaints. He's got an attitude problem. I'll talk to him."

And so today, other than the odd grunt, not a word was spoken by the Rodent. I am surprised he didn't choose to sit at another table. There was the odd hateful glance in my direction, but I can live with that. He knows that I was the one who got this started. I am now waiting for him to get me on my own and to try to give me some lip. I hope he does. I will invite him to attempt sexual congress with himself.

Like John I also do not like making enemies, but if the Rodent wants a war, he will get one. Anyway, what can he do to me? The beauty of living with the Boss (Lorraine) is that I can, mostly, say what I like and, maybe, care a little less about the consequences.

I hate fucking bullies. Pathetic asswipe.

Labels:


Comments:
Yay for Pynchon and the huddled and oppressed masses everywhere!
 
Yeah -- this was a good way to handle this situation.
 
Yay for you and Lorraine!!!
 
good for you mate, and good for lorraine. he sounds like a wanker to me, and I think I know the sort. Good job.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?