Thursday, January 10, 2008

 
I am home today. Engineer Guy has visited and replaced the fan in the boiler. It cost three hundred plus quid, but I am happy enough with that. When I asked Engineer Guy how long he thought this fan would last he said, "It's going to outlast the boiler, mate!"

Okey, dokey. Lorraine and I had better start saving our pennies then. A new boiler (and solar panels on the roof?) before the end of the year.

I thought about going to the cinema, but decided against it. Instead I have got on with much delayed chores like hoovering and cleaning. I have also put seeds, peanuts and fat balls out for the poor, starving little birdies. They were desperate. As I look out of my window there is a peanut standoff going on involving magpies and squirrels.

I suppose I had better have something to eat myself.

I wonder what's on the TV this afternoon? Or maybe I will read a bit more of "The Insider" by Piers Morgan. (I haven't forgotten to write about it. Next time.) It's all go around here.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I hate paying for stuff to get fixed and knowing that in the near future I'll have to pay out again to completely replace it. Grrrhhh.
 
Good on you for feeding the birds.
 
Cheers...happy belated new year
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?