Thursday, December 13, 2007

 
You might say that Christmas has finally started at Residence Chez Pynchon.

Lorraine has cluttered the living room with trimmings, singing polar bears, saxophone playing snowmen, rapping Santa Claus', fibre optic Christmas trees and flashing lights (both draining precious resources from the National Grid), chocolate and wooden advert calenders. I can barely walk across the room without tripping over some bloody stray elf.

Pain in the arse. Bah, humbug, grumble, moan.

My Christmas shopping for presents for Lorraine is now complete with the purchase of two tickets for the Birmingham Hippodrome production of the musical "Doctor Dolittle" in May. It will star the legendary Tommy Steele. Apparently 70 years ago, when Lorraine was a young woman, she saw Tommy Steele performing at the London Palladium and never quite recovered from it. I am sure she will like the present.

There may be one more present. Neil Diamond is touring next year and will be at the O2 Arena in June. Seventy quid or so a ticket, without the booking fee.

Hmm... Do I want tickets for Lorraine or for me? That is the question, isn't it?

I feel a clip coming on.

Labels:


Comments:
"I can barely walk across the room without tripping over some bloody stray elf." Yes, that's just how I'm feeling about Christmas. Of course, I don't have my tree up yet, nor my complement of singing snowmen and reindeer.
 
Excellent clip. I'm not ashamed of being a Neil Diamond fan, and that's the track I like most. Just wish he'd drop by Cape Town some time soon and do a show. Perhaps you can whisper in his ear after the show?
 
katyola: Yes, indeed.

dougzar: If I can get close enough to him, I will do exactly that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?