Saturday, December 22, 2007

 
One year gone, Benny. I miss you, big lad.

I have finished work now until next Friday. Last night was The Corporation's Christmas Party. I didn't go. I couldn't be arsed. I did leave work with mine and Lorraine's Secret Santa presents. Mine was a bloody huge, heavy parcel, on which somebody had written "Slightly over the budget, but you deserve it, John". (The budget this year was a fiver.) Hmm... I didn't recognise the handwriting. A secret admirer, then?

Instead I spent the evening wrapping Christmas presents and watching "Cabaret" on cable. I haven't seen that film in years. It's a great film. I really should make the effort to go down to the smoke to see the production at the Lyric theatre, starring Amy Nutall and Julian Clary. I have been promising myself that for a long time. Although how Amy Nutall will compare to Liza Minnelli or Julian Clary to the sheer malevolence that was Joel Grey, I really don't know.

I was up at 6am this morning to get shopping done. Sainsburys and Marks and Spencer. The shops were busy, even early in the morning, but I was still all done by 10am. It is a really strange experience shopping for one. I have probably bought way too much.

This afternoon I am going to see "It's A Wonderful Life" at the MAC, and from there it is up to the NIA to see the Bootleg Beatles.

Time for some breakfast, a couple of phone calls and then a nap.

Have a good day folks.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Shopping for one is a bit strange. I always over or under purchase. I'm hoping to work it out some day, but of course as soon as I do, then I'll find someone and it will be useless information!
 
Home Alone, Pynch? Let's hope that no nefarious gangsters come calling. Have yourself a wonderful Christmas Day, lad!
 
jen: I hope to never have to do it again.

dougzar: Yeah, just me. It's not been too bad, except for the constant exhaustion. I have been in and out of the house all day and I am probably not eating properly.

Oh, well...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?