Thursday, December 06, 2007

 
My intention for December was to post every day, regardless of whether I had anything to write or not. Well, that was one thing I never managed to do. Sorry about that. I was watching the season 1 finale of "Heroes", which was a bit underwhelming if I'm honest, and then it was late and I was tired.

I'm here now, lucky people.

Over my extended weekend I saw two films at the cinema. The first was "Fred Claus".



For adults (kids have different criteria) enjoyment of "Fred Claus" is going to be completely down to if you like the character Vince Vaughan has been peddling since "Swingers". You know that guy. Selfish, crass, loud, brash and supremely confident. If you don't like that character, stay away. "Fred Claus" ain't gonna be for you.

However, if you do like that character, and I do like Vince Vaughan an awful lot, "Fred Claus" is a really enjoyable movie. Yes, there is a headlong lurch into sentimentally towards the end (de riguer for any family comedy?), but most of it is scurrilous and funny and silly. Plenty of entertainment for kids (I particularly liked Santa's ninja bodyguards), adults (the sibling support group joke is really funny) and film fans (the nod towards Kevin Spacey's role in "Superman Returns").

Or if none of that is interesting enough, you could always just ogle Rachel Weisz and Elizabeth Banks. I know I did.

Lorraine wants the laptop. I'll write about "August Rush" tomorrow.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?