Monday, December 31, 2007

 
It is New Year's Eve. Happy New Year's Eve, all! Or should that be, Happy New Year?

Whatever.

It is that time again. Yer Pynchon's top 10 films of the year.

It must be said, this year I found it a lot easier to compile a list of my top 10 films. Without checking December 2006's post (I am not going back to look, because looking at old posts depresses me) I seem to remember that last year my first cut totalled 21 films before I whittled it down. This year my first cut was 17 films. Are the films getting worse or am I getting picky? Probably the latter.

Anyway, my list. As always, in no particular order.

  1. "The Nines"
  2. "Atonement"
  3. "Lady Chatterley"
  4. "The Bourne Ultimatum"
  5. "Molière"
  6. "Ne le dis à personne"
  7. "Jindabyne"
  8. "Das Leben der Anderen"
  9. "Venus"
  10. "Zwartboek"
Hah! Hark at me. As if anybody gives a toss.

I have a pain behind my eyes.

Lorraine is downstairs watching the Patrick Stewart version of "A Christmas Carol" on DVD. There seems to be something awfully wrong about watching a Christmas movie post Christmas. It feels unlucky and I want nothing to do with it.

From the window in the back room I can see my neighbour, the sexy Keren, letting off fireworks in her back garden. She has a number of friends hanging around, but except for the flashes and small explosions from the fireworks, there is no noise coming from next door at all. I like Keren a lot. She is a nice girl.

I might be getting a promotion at work and it will mean more money. I can barely keep a straight face when they talk to me about 'mentoring' and 'watching the numbers' and 'looking after the new people'. I can barely be bothered. I am crusing and I feel like a complete fraud and shyster, especially when Lorraine is working herself to death.

I have butterflies in my stomach. I do not know why.

The only resolution I am making for 2008 is to try to be happy. One way or another. Oh, yes. One more resolution. I don't want this blog to be just about movies. It was not what I intended it to be, when I started it all those years ago. Somehow I have lost sight of what I wanted. I will find it again.

I hope you all get the 2008 that you need, even if it is not the 2008 that you think you need.

Pynchon signing off for 2007.



Be lucky.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Happy New Year Pynchon. Hope 2008 brings you all you wish for x
 
Happy New Year! I've got to admit that I haven't seen any of your top ten movies although I think I've only been to the cinema 3 or 4 times this year. I'll try and catch a few of them on DVD instead maybe.
 
Happy new year, Pynch. May 2008 bring you peace and happiness.
 
If it's any consolation, I take notice of your top 10. In fact, your reviews are a big part of my choices for what films to add to our rental queue.

Anyway, happy new year and here's to a happy 2008!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?