Wednesday, December 12, 2007

 
I was very sad to read today that Terry Pratchett has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.

I came late to Pratchett' work. In fact I started reading the 5th book in his Discworld series ("Sourcery") only last week. All good, funny books so far and lots more to go. Lorraine has read practically all of the Discworld books.

Part of Pratchett's statement on his condition.

"I know it's a very human thing to say 'is there anything I can do', but in this case I would only entertain offers from very high-end experts in brain chemistry."

Nice one.

Get well soon, Mr. Pratchett.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Sad news indeed about Terry. Hope those brain experts get something going soon.
 
Incredibly sad. Here's hoping for lots of advancements from the brain expert type people.
 
That's pretty terrible news. A clever, witty and charming man.

I read about 20 Pratchett books in 2 years and haven't touched any since - over a decade now - but it will be a a great loss if he can't work any more.
 
Yeah, upset me too somewhat. He will be ok, has to be I hope.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?