Friday, November 30, 2007

 
No work for me until Wednesday. Monday I am going with my Brother to see Crowded House at the NEC. Tuesday I will be recovering from going with my Brother to see Crowded House at the NEC.

Today... Well, today I just fancied a day off, but I also had plans. Today was going to be a blur of cinema going, filing, ringing the Tax Office over a weird letter I got from them about a shortfall of NI contributions for the period 2005 through 2006, ringing my pension provider to increase my contributions from January 2008, buying Christmas presents, hoovering, food shopping and a million other things. I say was because I haven't done a thing because the water has been off. From the sound of the water tank, it looks like it is just coming back on.

We had a note from Severn Trent last week saying that they were going to do be doing maintenance overnight, last night, from 9pm to 6am. Fair enough. I suppose these things have to happen. This morning I got up early because I promised Lorraine I would cook breakfast for her, being the nice boyfriend and all that guff. I noticed that there was only a trickle of water out of the kitchen tap. Lorraine leapt into the shower. She was lucky. There was enough water in the tank for her, but I have been bereft all morning.

I rang Severn Trent. There was a problem. They expected the water to be back 'later'. 'When later?' 'Don't know.'

Okey dokey.

I have been fretting. I have been moving from room to room, carrying the phone waiting for it to ring. I watched the extras on my "Gangsters" DVD. I made a cup of tea. I drank my cup of tea. I had a piss in my back garden, watched by a squirrel. He admired the size of my manhood and will no doubt tell his friends about it. I went back into the house. I sat down. I stood up. I checked my email. Waste of a morning. There was nothing wrong with the phone. I could have made my phone calls.

Never mind.

I suppose I had better have a wash.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hmm. Talk to Swiss about the weird letter he got from the Tax office. The two letters sound strangly familiar.
 
My first thought reading this was "how do you make tea without water!?"

Hope you have a good extended weekend, Pynch!
 
Hen: I did speak to the tax office, so I will wing an email over to him.

jen: We filled up jugs, the kettle, a bowl and several tupperwqare containers. Preparation is everything, young lady!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?