Monday, October 29, 2007

 
Yesterday was a barrel of laughs. At approximately 1pm I was at the City Hospital, Accident and Emergency unit having an evil Torturer Doctor stick a blunt green needle into my right index finger, to extract the pus that had been gathering for a week. You might say that it was an interesting experience. I now realise that I am not a Hollywood tough guy. I screamed, I sweated, I cried, I ground my teeth and cursed God, the Devil and Margaret Thatcher.

It was all my own fault. I should have tried to see a Doctor during last week, but I always find it very difficult to get an appointment. (Body heal thyself, yes?) Since I did the gardening a week ago, I had been increasingly bothered by a tender spot on my right index finger, just below the nail. During the week the, lets call it a boil, got bigger and bigger, more and more painful and eventually turned a Prince-like beautiful shade of purple by Saturday evening. On Sunday morning it had started to turn black and my hand hurt me.

Ah...

I rang the fountain of all wisdom. (My Mom. Lorraine was still in Golders Green.) She ordered me to the hospital. Just as well. The very nice nurse told me that my hand had become infected and scowled at me for waiting so long before seeing somebody. The Torturer Doctor did his thing, I was packed off with a prescription of Flucloxacillin and told to come back if the swelling didn't cease by Wednesday this week.

Frankly I feel like utter shit. My hand is very stiff and I can barely touch type, but that is not the half of it. I don't know if it is the tablets doing it, but last night I was very hot, had flu like symptoms and a chronic headache which has only partially gone away. I have also noticed that my poo is coming out as little bullet like stools, which definitely isn't normal. (Too much information, maybe?)

Such is life. It gave me something to write about, anyway.

********

Better things. The lovely J has posted up her review of my Shuffleathon CD. I think the lady more or less liked it. Nice one.

Labels: ,


Comments:
That is two separate visuals I've had of you today that involve the loo. And to think, just a few short weeks ago we had never crossed blog-paths!

Thanks very much for the CD...and get better!
 
The sport of Extreme Gardening is not without its risks, yes? Hope your finger is feeling better. Erm, yes, quite!
 
The sweats and flu-like symptoms are possibly the tablets, but more likely your body fighting the infection in your hand.
People used to die of stuff like that in the past, you know. Thank God for antibiotics.
 
Ouch, sounds yucky. Hope you're somewhat better now!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?