Sunday, September 23, 2007

 
My word, Hen and LB's wedding reception must have been a mighty fine event. I have just had a quick swing around the blogs of the people who I know that attended and absolutely nobody has posted a word about it, as of yet. I suppose everybody is still recovering (I could have screamed when Lorraine turned on the light in the hotel room, this morning) and/or travelling home.

No doubt there will be a million photos to come. (None taken by me, by the way. It's not anything I have ever gotten into.) I will add links to those pictures when they turn up, because a picture is worth a thousand words. In lieu of that let me say that Lorraine and I had a great and fine time. It was lovely to meet up with Stef and Sherry, Mark and Ellen and Mr. X, Tim (the troubles of the 11th track, eh?) and C (really nice cakes, seriously) and, of course, Hen and LB and Maddie. (Very weird seeing Maddie running around as a real life person. I've only ever seen her in pictures before now.)

We were chuffed to be invited. It was just a shame that we had to leave around 11pm. The reasons for that were mainly due to a too early start from Birmingham for us, too much drinking (by me) during the day to nullify the effects of a fraught couple of hours at Lorraine's rich friend Dolores' house (I may go into that tomorrow), and Lorraine developing a major headache. Shame. I was just building up to doing "Dock Of The Bay" on the karaoke (Lorraine's favourite song). It would have left the room in tears. Actually the room was in tears quite a few times, with some of the renditions on offer. ("The Greatest Love Of All"??? Shame on you, Sir.)

Anyway, Lorraine and I wish all of the happiness in the world to Hen and LB. Thanks for inviting us to share in a little bit of it.

Labels: ,


Comments:
It was.

Hopefully I didn't bring anyone to tears, myself.
 
No, you didn't. You were actually in tune.

But I'm actually with your missus on you being very loud. Apparently somebody in Derby rang the pub to ask if Brian Blessed could tone it down a bit.
 
Very nice to meet you Mr Pynchon.

The bride has nicked my memory cards - but a couple sneaked through before she left for honeymoon...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sabbat1cal/sets/72157602130510353/
 
Hello Sarah.

I remember you. The lady with the camera...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?