Tuesday, August 28, 2007

 
Just a quick post to say that we are back! Pretty well safe and sound.

It's been an incredibly tiring weekend and Bank Holiday. Our trips to the smoke are always tiring. It's our own fault. We try to cram in as many things as possible and still end up not doing everything we planned to do. As I am at home this week, I was considering going back to London either tomorrow or Thursday to catch a matinee show, but that would be lunacy. Sometimes you just have to stop. Or take the time to go to the cinema. Ha ha!

So, as I said. A quick post. I need to leave the house in a while as I have an appointment with "The Wicker Man". A longer report of
  1. Saturday matinee show. A serious, but actually quite funny, play about power, corruption and lies in the Vatican.
  2. Saturday evening show. A rip roaring piss take of a much loved 1930's British thriller.
  3. The hotel.
  4. The greatest concierge in the world.
  5. The food in the hotel.
  6. Lorraine getting pissed on Gin 'n' Tonics.
  7. Street performers.
  8. St. Paul's Cathedral.
  9. Millennium Bridge.
  10. The Globe Theatre.
  11. The Tower Of London.
  12. H. M. S. Belfast.
  13. London Bridge.
  14. Walking for miles.
  15. Walking for miles in the opposite direction.
  16. Da Stones.
  17. Lorraine's red face.
  18. The distance between people in bed.
  19. Breakfast in an Italian Cafe.
  20. Walking for miles.
  21. Shopping.
  22. Fortnum & Mason's.
  23. Walking for miles in the opposite direction.
  24. Sitting in Green Park.

will follow later (plus all the things I have forgotten at this precise moment).

Today, Lorraine went to work today as she is mad. I went into town and did the shopping for the week. This afternoon I watched an OK television biopic of the story of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis called... Er... "Martin And Lewis". (Jeremy Northam as Dean Martin? Weird, but it worked. Sean Hayes as Jerry Lewis? Very good, I thought.) I slept. I woke up. I paid some bills.

Need to go. Lorraine has just come home.

I hope everyone had a cracking time.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?