Wednesday, August 01, 2007

 
For somebody who claims to know more than a little about movies, I'm ashamed to admit that I am pretty sure I have never sat through an Ingmar Bergman movie; not even accidentally. However, I did like "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey", which references Bergman's "Det Sjunde Inseglet" or "The Seventh Seal", so I suppose I have to give respect to him for being the inspiration behind such an incredible motion picture experience.

During my teenage years Bergman's daughter Anna was also pretty inspiring.



Anna starred in such seminal movies as "Adventures Of A Taxi Driver", "Come Play With Me" and "What's Up Superdoc?"; not to mention her unforgettable role as Ingrid Svenson in the classic plea for racial harmony and understanding that was the television series "Mind Your Language". They don't make them like that any more.

Outstanding.

Michelangelo Antonioni is also dead. The Yardbirds, featuring Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck, were in "Blow-Up", you know.

Last night I went with Graham to see "Goldfinger". It was a very enjoyable night. Good company. Good film. Let me direct you to Graham's blog on which he waxes forth with his (interesting) thoughts on the film. I'll add my two pennyworth tomorrow.

It's a bit late and I am a bit tired.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?