Friday, August 17, 2007

 
"The Bourne Ultimatum".



(Excuse me a second while I ogle the Goddess Julia Stiles. (Ogles.) That was nice. Onwards.)

I spoke to the God-Of-Film. He was a bit busy whispering in Zack Snyder's ear about the forthcoming adaptation of "Watchmen" (which was an interesting coincidence in itself because, up to a couple of years ago Paul Greengrass, who directed "The Bourne Ultimatum", was slated to direct "Watchmen"), but He gave me a couple of minutes.

I said to Him, "I want 'The Bourne Ultimatum' to be the best action film released this year".

He said, OK.

I said, "I want it to have a sly, almost non-existent humour".

He said, Sure.

I said, "I want maximum intensity and minimum dialogue".

He said, Fine.

I said, "I want dizzying camera work, global locations, in-your-face fight scenes, heart pounding chase sequences (on foot and in motor vehicles), serious men (and women) doing serious business behind serious computer screens, double crossings, secrets, great performances, murder, mayhem, violence and, finally, closure."

He said, Anything else?

"Yes. I want Matt Damon looking confused and tortured, but as tough as hell, and I want the Goddess Julia Stiles looking foxy."

He said, Done deal my friend.

The God-Of-Film. He often lets me down, but not this time.

All joking apart, "The Bourne Ultimatum" really is an astoundingly great piece of action cinema. My first 9 out of 10 of the year. (10 is perfection, which is impossible.)

Unmissable. Run. Run to the cinema. You still here? Go!

Labels:


Comments:
Yes, Julia Stiles is very, very foxy.

I only watched "The Bourne Supremecy" the other night, and there she was.

She reminds me of someone I knew a few years back...she looks/ed a bit like Julia Stiles...
 
You are a man of taste and distinction.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?