Thursday, July 26, 2007

 
Writers block, but I will fight my way through it.

Lorraine left yesterday to go to London. The funeral was today. I decided, as a little test, not to call her last night because I wanted to see if she would call me. She didn't. She did call this evening, at about 7pm, to say that she was at the station and that she would be back sometime later this evening. She said that she missed me, but I doubt that very much. I am an afterthought.

I watched "Heroes" on BBC2 last night. I don't know if it was just me, but I found the first two episodes kind of simplistic. Not unenjoyable, though. You can already see some of the threads interconnecting and it looks like it could be an interesting series. I will be tuning in again next week. According to a couple of people at work, who saw "Heroes" on the Sci-Fi Channel, it gets better and better and is worth sticking with.

I was going to write about "The Painted Veil", that I saw last Sunday, but I'm not going to do that tonight because I cannot think of a single thing to write other than 'I liked it' and the film is worth a bit more than that.

I was tagged by my friend Katy to do a little mememe, but I'm not going to do that either. Not today, anyway. Again, I cannot think of a single thing to write.

I could write about the number of people at work who were told yesterday that their jobs are 'at risk' (not me or Lorraine), because of the merger, but I don't care about any of them and cannot be arsed.

I have finished reading "Mort" by Terry Pratchett. I enjoyed it a lot. Next up will be "The Blind Assassin" by Margaret Atwood; a book I seem to remember somebody bought me a couple of years ago, when it won the Booker Prize. I know nothing about it and have picked it at random from the shelf because I liked the cover.

I think I'm going to bed.

Goodnight.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?