Saturday, July 21, 2007

 
The nicest thing to happen to me today?

I was at the Midlands Art Centre to see a film ("Edmond") when circumstances arose that I held a door open for an elderly couple. I was coming through a door at the bottom of a flight of stairs, and they were halfway down the flight of stairs, coming towards me. I waited and held the door open for them. I waited a long time. They were both very frail and it took an eternity for them to descend the stairs. As they reached the door, the old lady smiled at me and said, "Thank you, young man".

As I was galloping up the stairs I heard the old lady say to her guy, "That was nice. You don't see manners like that these days".

It was just a little thing, but it made me feel great. Kind of pathetic, but true.

Labels:


Comments:
I like the 'young man' part!
 
I knew it... deep down you really are a gentleman ;)
 
Awww...
Good on ya, Pynchy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?