Sunday, June 10, 2007

 
I couldn't find a car to throw myself under, so instead I went to the cinema and saw John Boorman's new film, "The Tiger's Tail".


Hmm...

Sadly, it's rubbish, and a major disappointment, because John Boorman is a great director who has made some great films. You know what I'm talking about. "Point Blank", "Deliverance", "Excalibur", "The General", "The Tailor Of Panama", "Beyond Rangoon", "The Emerald Forest". You can look up the others for yourselves.

Brenda Gleeson plays Liam O'Leary, a Dublin property developer, who's life gets changed completely when he finds himself being stalked by a doppelganger.

I have no idea what happened here, but "The Tiger's Tail" is a complete misfire and a total waste of an interesting actor in Brendan Gleeson. It fails completely as a drama and/or a black comedy, chiefly because it is not dramatic enough and it is not funny enough. I can suspend belief as well as the next man, but I didn't believe a word of "The Tiger's Tail".

And the cardinal sin? "The Tiger's Tail" is boring, boring, boring, dull, dull, dull. Maybe I'm missing the subtext somewhere. I'm not too clever.

Such a shame. Onto the next one, Mister Boorman.

Is that the time? Gotta go.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?