Tuesday, June 19, 2007

 
Graham said an interesting thing last night. Actually, Graham says a lot of interesting things, but this particularly struck home.

We were talking about blogging, material and what happens when a blogger runs out of material. Every day cannot be interesting. Sometimes the days are boring and repetitive and nothing happens. Graham said that by now he is acutely aware somebody is reading his blog, and feels an obligation to put something on it every day, whether there is something to say or not. He often does this by putting up a memememe. Easy, peasy. A list of questions. You answer them. You elaborate. Soon you have a post.

To me that sounds awfully familiar. I often put up jokes or music clips from You Tube to fill the space. I suppose that like Graham I don't want to disappoint my fans with nothing.

(Fans? The arrogance... Fans? Ha, ha, ha! You are an utter wanker, John.)

Sure am. It is one of my good points.

Perhaps it was easier to post when nobody was reading? We can all write the most controversial, personal, intensely raw stuff when we are unknown, but can you really do that when you might meet somebody in the flesh who has read that stuff and knows you?

Bollocks. I will try to write like nobody is reading. I think it is the more interesting way. (Ain't I just the maverick? Call me Steve McQueen. In fact, if I ever have to disappear again, my handle might be McQueen.)

On this occasion there is material, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I am incredibly tired. Jaw droppingly tired. A lot of reasons for this, but partly down to a good night out, last night, with Graham watching the mighty INXS at the Symphony Hall (and thanks for perservering in getting in touch with me, mate) and a long time in getting to sleep when I finally got home. I also saw "Ne Le Dis à Personne" at the weekend, which deserves a bit of a clear headed write up. I also want to add links to this and the last post.

Yours, yawningly, back tomorrow.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?