Saturday, May 05, 2007

 
You will have to excuse me. Drink has definitely got the better of me. (Nearly a whole bottle of M&S Macon Villages 2005, if any anybody is even in the slightest interested. Lorraine didn't like it.)

Since the last post I have cooked steak and stir fry, with a chilli and ginger sauce, I have watched "Doctor Who" (a good episode, but not as good as the trailer for the next story in two weeks), I have watched "Final Destination 3" which I really enjoyed (and no doubt will do my reputation - do I have one? - as a film fan, no good at all), I have asked Lorraine if she would like to go to bed with me (turned down, obviously, with the excuse this time that I am pissed out of my head, which is not far wrong, if I am honest), I have eaten a banana and drank some water, I have booted up the computer and attached to the computer, I have ordered the latest book in the Independent Banned Books series, I have cancelled my order from CD 101 for the Bangles first album "All Over The Place" (the fuckers have kept me waiting for two months, which is a good six weeks two long, thank you very much), and now I am here, trying to think of things to write.

(Thinking... I am very pissed. I think I have mentioned that.)

I know. How about I wish I had a girlfriend who wanted to have sex with me? How about I wonder why I/she hangs around? How about I wish I had a different job? How about I wish I didn't feel so useless? How about it would be a lie if I said I wish I had more friends, because I kind of like my isolation from real life, but I really appreciate and yes, love, the friends I have met through the Internet like (in no particular order) Suburban Hen, Mark, Graham, Stef, Katy, Daisy, LB, Swiss Toni, Ginny, Doug (if I have forgotten anybody during this rant, I do sincerely apologize). How about at the age of 43 I wonder if I am going to get to 44 with my mind intact? How about I have

This is my favourite single of all time. (Sorry Mark. I know you hate the fab four.) When I went to see the Bootleg Beatles, a couple of years ago, they played this and I burst into tears. Music is mad, isn't it?



And this was the B-side.



What a band!

And ain't I just pathetic?

Labels:


Comments:
music is indeed mad, and no, I don't think you are at all pathetic. For starters, you are the most fearless blogger I have ever had the privilege of reading (and I think you write well too, which is also important).

Try not to be hard on yourself. I've met you, and I think you're a great guy.

ST
 
Thanks for tacking on those videos at the end. I just love the Beatles, and listening to them sometimes makes me emotional as well. Not much makes me wish I had been born earlier, but I wish I could have seen them.
 
swiss: Thanks for that. If only I was that fearless.

katyola: You are a woman of taste and distinction.
 
all I can say is that I've had a drink with you on a couple of occasions, and I would be more than happy to do so again.

you're braver than me.

ST
 
Thanks for the mention. It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway), that I really look forward to reading your blog, and think of you as a friend as well. We haven't yet got around to downing a few pints together, but when we do it will be an honour!
 
I wish I could jet over for a pint and some kidney pie (well, just kidding about that. yucko!), but alas, I'm too poor.
 
swiss: Thanks mate.

doug: And we will, sooner or later. I'm sure of it.

katyola: Poor? Maybe, but rich in beauty and grace. (Good line, that. I'll use that again. Heh, heh, heh!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?