Monday, May 07, 2007

 
Sometimes Mr. Albarn and the boys express things much better than I could ever do.

"Bank Holiday"

Grandma has got new dentures
To eat the crust of pizza
Bee taken out by daughter
Because she thought she ought'a
The kids are eating snickers
Because they're so delicious
Then there's sticky fingers
And mother looses her knickers

[Chorus]

Bank holiday comes six times a year
Days of enjoyment to which everyone cheers
Bank holiday comes with six pack a beer...
Then it's back to work A.G.A.I.N.

Bar-b-que is cooking
Sausages and chicken
The patio is Buzzing
The neighbours they are looking
John is down the fun pub
Drinking lots of lager
Girls and boys are on the game
All the high streets look the same

[Chorus]

Back to work A.G.A.I.N.

[chorus]

Bank holiday

Somebody has knocked up a video for it on You Tube, here.

It's a Bank Holiday and I have no inclination to leave the house.

Today I rose at 8:30 and had some breakfast. It was some mix of apple and cornflakes from M&S, but probably not all that healthy.

From 9:10 we watched a classic film "Network" on one of the themed Sky Movie channels. (Sky Classics?) "Network" is a great film about the amorality of the television industry. Everybody should watch it at least one. Hilarious, bitter, satirical and incisive. A vision of the future? Brilliant film. Peter Finch won a posthumous Oscar for that one.

When "Network" had finished, I had a shower, did the washing up, cooked some sausages, which we ate on sesame seed rolls, and sat down to watch "The Great Race" starring Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Natalie Wood.

Tony Curtis as the white suited, teeth sparkling, buff handsome hero. Jack Lemmon as the black clad, moustache twirling cad of a villain. A particularly fit looking Natalie Wood as the proto-feminist, plucky reporter who, of course, eventually falls in love with Tony Curtis. (Didn't all girls want to do that in 1965?) "The Great Race" is as daft as they come, but a joy from start to end.

I sat on my arse a bit longer and then came up here to sit on my arse in front of the computer.

Lorraine has said that I should go out to the cinema. She said I would enjoy it. There are a few films that I would like to see ("Next", "The Painted Veil", "Bridge To Terabithia", "The Upside Of Anger"), but I do not have the energy.

I think Lorraine just wants me out of the house. I think my misery is getting her down, but it is getting me down as well.

By the way, the visit to Sister 3 for lunch yesterday went well. Lorraine said that Sister 3 made her welcome (and why wouldn't she?). The food was good. My family were loud. We are always loud when we get together. The day went by quickly. Lorraine and I were the last to leave. It was a nice visit.

When we got home we rented "Mission: Impossible III" for 1 pence on Virgin Media's Movies On Demand service. A bargain. I had seen it before and enjoyed it (except for that terrible, terrible happy, clappy ending) and Lorraine seemed to enjoy it as well. She said it was what the "Mission: Impossible" movies should have been from the start. Couldn't agree more. I have written before about my hatred of the first two "Mission: Impossible" movies. I won't go into that again now.

I have had brief words with Lorraine. She said that today is a day of rest and that she just wants to stay in the house and do nothing. I said not to sweat it, and that I am well aware she doesn't want to do anything with me, inside or outside of the house.

She responded by slamming the living room door. I think she is watching the TV now.

So... I just don't know what to do with myself.

Hang on. Is that a song I can feel coming on?

Labels: ,


Comments:
Surely, if you're going to post a video of that song (rather than just the song itself) it really ought to be this one.
 
Bridge To Terabithia sucks, don't waste your time!
 
Surely if you're going to post a video of any song, it really ought to be this one...
 
stef: Never seen that video before. Very... uplifting.

daisy: Really? It has got great reviews over here.

red: Now that is very cool indeed. I imagine the Who gig I am going to in a couple of weeks might be just like that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?