Monday, April 16, 2007

 
It is not even May, but Lorraine has been making plans for Christmas. She says that she wants a family Christmas. By this she means that she wants to spend Christmas with her family, as she would be more likely to stick needles in her eyes than want to spend Christmas with my family.

Lorraine's sister Ellen thinks that this is a fine idea and has been sticking her oar in and organising things. She has come up with a venue.

Weymouth. In December.

Oh, fuck off...

I'm sure that Weymouth is very nice, but I'm not going and I've told Lorraine as much. She is still keen to go, with or without me. Good for her. I wished her the best. She doesn't seem particularly bothered that I will not be with her.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm being selfish, but I will not be stuck for a week with people that I struggle to spend a couple of hours with and who, constantly, sideline Lorraine because she had a different Father to the rest of them.

Ellen, hubby Victor and their two rude bastard freak children. Lorraine's brother Victor (who is OK), missus Linda (who looks at me like an Entomologist studying a rare insect) and their two sets of twins. Lorraine's step dad Ian (who is OK) and his missus, the ever dreadful Penny (who might not want to go either, and if she says No, the whole thing might be off.)

No. It will be shit. Lorraine and I will be ignored in favour of children and parents. I don't know why Lorraine wants to put herself in that situation. (They are her family, you ignoramus! That's why.)

So, I will probably be home alone at Christmas. I will be invited to Sister 1's for Christmas dinner, because she invites us every year and we never go, but this year I will go. I will get pissed with my Brother. I will watch TV. Maybe I will convince my Brother to accompany me to a lap dancing club and see if the cold December air makes the strippers nipples stand up even taller.

After Ben died I thought that we were going to arrange a holiday together this year. Lorraine has told me that we haven't got the money.

(Tonight's post brought to you by "Are You Lonesome Tonight" by Elvis Presley.)

In other news, today I have had conversations with two beautiful women who wanted to talk to me.

At the bus stop I talked to a girl that I call Red. I wrote about Red before, remember? Large girl. Red headed. Used to dress plainly and unobtrusively until she became a glorious, nervous butterfly one day in September 2006. And she knocked me out. A nice looking girl, but didn't know it. We talked about the weather and the bad bus service. Lovely smile.

On the bus I talked to an Austrian girl called Lisabeth. I written about her before. I fell in love with her for 2 hours on the bus in February 2007, during the snowstorms that paralysed the West Midlands. I've seen her on the bus a handful of times since then. We always chat. This time we talked about Prince William and Kate Middleton (I don't really give a shit, but I think he is going to have a life of romantic misery, just like his Dad), work, the weather, gardening, films (hurrah!) and foreign holidays. Lisabeth has a strange accent and eyes that go on forever and perfect teeth and a chest...

Maybe if I lived in reality I would be doing a lot better. I feel that I am nothing but scum.

Isn't this boring?

Labels: , ,


Comments:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Christmas talk now???? I'm stunned.
You're not scum. Be nice to yourself.
 
Sound like you're going to have a much more fun Christmas then Lorraine. Fuck it.
 
Christmas is miles off yet! Anything could change between now and then. I wouldn't worry about plans being set in stone until they actually are.
 
Get your mind off Christmas, you are putting me into a panic because I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet.

Dear God, my hands are even shaking. Christmas? OMG!

BTW, did you ever get the money back that you lent to Lorraines brother. I think it was her brother. Do you remember what I am talking about? I was just being nosy as usual. But I am good at it. ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?