Saturday, April 21, 2007

 
Bit hung over this morning. Still feeling tired now. I should really go to bed, but I wanted to have a quick surf and post. Last night we went to see "Das Leben der Anderen" and The Electric Cinema Film Orchestra at the Electric Cinema. It was a good night out, and a fair bit of alcohol was ingested by me, but I was happily tipsy and not an angry drunk. Lorraine drank water. I will write about our night out tomorrow.

Although it was a relatively late night for the pair of us, it didn't stop Lorraine from rising at some obscene hour of the morning to go to work to help re-cable the office. Is it her responsibility to do such stuff? No, of course not, but she said that she wanted to make sure it was done properly as she cannot trust the technical clowns to do it right.

So, my day...

I rose late, nursed my head, cleaned the house, went out, did some grocery shopping, came home, had a bath while listening to my MP3 play on random (first song was "Comfortably Numb" by the Pink Floyd, which I thought was quite appropriate), watched "Doctor Who" (both Lorraine and myself think that the Daleks are being a bit overused), watched "Any Dream Will Do", waved goodbye to Lorraine who decided to go to bed and then finally watched "House Of Sand And Fog" starring Ben Kingsley and Jennifer Connolly, which is a really brilliant and dramatic movie and a fine piece of work.

I probably could have fitted a film in somewhere, but nothing I haven't seen strikes me as an essential view at the moment. I may see a film tomorrow, but it is 50-50. It is my Mom's Birthday (she will be 72) and the Pynchon posse (and Lorraine) will be causing mischief at a steak and chips shit hole somewhere in the West Midlands. I may not want to see a film.

Better go to bed.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Ah. HOuse of Sand and Fog. Brilliant, Brilliant film.

And very much under rated.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?