Monday, March 19, 2007

 
Quick post. Some people get concerned when I don't check in.

I'm still here. Just about.

I am at Sister 1's place. I've been here all night. I was taken ill yesterday afternoon during Sister 1's traditional Mother's day buffet. Stomach bug, gastroenteritis, gastric flu - call it what you will, but there was vomiting (so that's what my stomach wall looks like) and diarrhoea (enough shit that, in the words of my hero Dr. Perry Cox from that fine show "Scrubs" when describing his baby son's excretions, I nearly hired a stable boy to sort it out) and mad stuff going on in my head (I designed and implemented an entire Birmingham underground system while tossing and turning in my Sister's double bed).

Now, I know that Sister 1 is a terrible cook, but I cannot honestly say that it was the food on offer that caused this. It came on way too quickly after we had finished eating, and nobody else was ill. Perhaps it was something in the Chinese takeaway Lorraine and I ate on Saturday night, or perhaps it was the eggs I ate Sunday morning or the fruit and cream tart I ate on Sunday lunchtime, or perhaps it was something in the air? When I rang work this morning to tell them that I wouldn't be in today, and neither would Lorraine as she is going to the Eye Hospital, I was told that somebody else had called in with the same "stomach bug".

I'm mostly OK now. Ravenously hungry, gasping for a cup of tea (I've been on water since 3pm yesterday afternoon) and my stomach still hurts, but I'm OK.

Gotta go. The bus won't wait.

Back later. Hope everyone is cool.

Labels:


Comments:
Get well soon mate.
 
Cheers Stef. I intend to.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?