Thursday, February 08, 2007

 
(With apologies to Rik Mayall.)

Snow...
All around.
Sometimes up.
Sometimes down.
But always... Around.
Snow.
Are you coming to my town?

Er... Yes. Actually snow has come to my town, but I'm one of lucky ones. The snow has hardly affected me at all. This morning the bus almost came on time, but the roads were very quiet and I arrived early at work. (Something I always try to avoid doing. Ha ha.) I went for my walk at lunchtime. It was slow going, but I wasn't late getting back. Most people with young kids had to leave early, followed by everybody who had reasonably long commutes, as there dark rumours of more snow on the way. I left on time, got the bus on time, was home on time. No worries. The heating in the house has been extended, to avoid any nonsense with burst pipes, but other than that, no change to my routine at all.

Wasn't that boring?

I was around on the net last night, and I could have posted, but exactly what was there to say?

That my "Brothers Of The Head" DVD arrived? (My first DVD purchase of the year. It's a great film and you should check it out. I'll be watching it tomorrow night.)

That I had a heart attack special for tea? (Sausage, bacon, eggs and toast.)

That I watched the England football team embarrass themselves again? (A guy at work is convinced that Steve McClaren has been stitched up and will be out of the England job before the end of the year. I don't believe any such thing. Why stitch the guy up? OK, perhaps they didn't get the guy they wanted initially, but don't the mandarins of the F.A. want Steve McClaren and England to do well? I also believe that even if we do not qualify for Euro 2008, Steve McClaren will be given the chance to lead England to World Cup 2010. Perhaps England are just in one of their cyclic downturns? It's pretty common. In 3/5 years time we could be in the semi-finals of World Cup 2010/Euro 2012. We've done it before after a bad run.)

That I copied fine music by the Sugababes and Bill Withers onto my MP3 player? (And also a double album called "The Best Disco Album In The World... Ever", which is not nearly as grim as it sounds.)

That I miss Lorraine desperately, sex or no sex? (I hate being in this house on my own.)

That was yesterday evening.

This evening, another heart attack special (eggs, sausage and chips - I'm not telling Lorraine, unless she asks me -she would be horrified), fell asleep on the settee, woke up, watched "Bonkers" (which is a pretty typical ITV Thursday evening, housewife in crisis comedy and isn't too terrible), looked for the Television X freeview on cable (which has gone, maybe because Virgin Media have put a stop to such nonsense) and came up here to share some thoughts.

I have earworms to write up for Swiss Toni. I may be gone some time.

Be cool.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?