Monday, February 12, 2007

 
I am incredibly stressed.

Lorraine has convinced me that the best thing to do to increase the value of our house is to go for off-road parking. A group of men are coming on Wednesday to start to rip out the front gardens of myself and our Neighbour (Mr. Rasta - nice guy) before laying the foundations of a structure that will accommodate several cars off-road.

We do not own a car. Mr. Rasta has two.

I am incredibly stressed.

Water pipes. Electricity wires. Gas pipes. Cable/Broadband ... Er... Cables. I am expecting the worst.

I do not know how I manage to allow myself to be talked into such things.

I really cannot write anymore now. I am off to shoot myself.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Are you looking to sell the house? I don't think that adding off street parking is the way to go, as you don't have a car.

Also.....I read a theory a while back as to why we get so many water shortages nowadays. As we build over all the greenery, pave over our gardens, built carparks over fields we are reducing the areas for rain to enter the watertable, and the concrete simply forces the water to drain into our drains and sewers. crikey.

Just don't get dodgy workmen to do it as you don't want it subsiding!!! ;)
 
Why do you want to increase you house value? Unless you are moving of course. Otherwise I don't really see a point to it; especially if it is not something you yourselves would be able to use.
 
With all due respect to your good lady, this sounds a bit bonkers.

Are you planning on selling?

I've seen a few House Doctor things and off street parking hasn't popped up once. How much does that save you on your car insurance? £30 a year? Sure it's a nice to have but... Have you already got every other House Doctor approved modification?
 
Our other next door neighbour (the foxy Keren) and her neighbour Rik had a joint drive built between Christmas, and January and it looks like a good job. The same guys will be doing ours and Mr. Rasta knows them. I met the boss last night and was happy with what I heard. I'm not worried that they are cowboys, but you never know, know matter what references you get...

As to the reasons why? I don't know. Lorraine wants it. I don't mind. We have the money. It should add value to the house. Lorraine has said that we should consider moving at some point, in case we are "left behind". I'm not exactly sure what "left behind" means.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?