Sunday, January 07, 2007

 
Ho hum.

I went out briefly yesterday morning to pick up the "The Nightmare Before Christmas" calendar from the post office, where it had been languishing since the 4th of January. I had purchased the calendar online before Christmas (way before Christmas - 25th November!) and it finally turned up this week, where a bastard postman decided to not to ring my doorbell and instead decided to stick a card through my door telling me, in effect, to come and get it because it was too big to put through the letter box.

Oh, well. Silver linings and all that. I needed the fresh air and the exercise. I hadn't been out of the house since Tuesday.

When I got home I watched TV. And then more TV. And then more TV. And then... (Oh Shut Up, we get the picture.) "Charade", "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country", "Just The Two Of Us", "Have I Got Old News For You", etc. My eyes turned square and I went to bed.

I suppose I could have gone to see "Apocalypto" today, but I chose to stay in. I didn't feel like it and, anyway, I still feel very weak. Instead I pottered around the house with a sad expression on my face.

Manchester United 2-1 Aston Villa.

Lorraine is walking around in a barely suppressed rage. I think it's me. In her own words I am "under her feet". Her sympathy only stretches so far.

Back to work tomorrow. What's on TV tonight?

Ho hum.

Comments:
bit unlucky in the football, I thought.

heigh-ho.
 
There are worse things in life than losing to the best team in the Premiership, and we nearly frustrated them all the way back to Villa Park.

Yes. Heigh ho. I really hope than Man U go on to win the F.A. Cup.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?