Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 
Has the New Year stopped feeling... er... new, yet? It hasn't for me. Not yet. It's probably because my New Year didn't start until Monday this week when I went back to work. Until Monday this week I was living in a daze of toilet visits and bad daytime TV. Very easy to stop returning to the same bad routine when you are forced out of that routine.

When I became ill I decamped into the front bedroom in case I infected Lorraine. I am still in the front bedroom, even though there is now practically nothing wrong with me. My choice. I have told Lorraine that I am still feeling a bit iffy and that has been a good enough for her. Perhaps staying in the front bedroom will go on for some time? I think that it might.

At the moment I do not desire Lorraine at all sexually. I have not asked Lorraine for sex at all this year. I don't think Lorraine has even noticed that I have stopped asking. I have kissed Lorraine on the cheek, and I have hugged her, but that is as far as I feel the need to go. It's very strange. At one point that feeling was so strong and now it isn't there at all.

I do still love her. Maybe we will end up having one of those civilized relationships where a couple share a house in a loving, non sexual relationship with one of the partner's turning a blind eye to the sexual assignations of the other. I suppose it can work.

Thinking about it, I don't think I have masturbated at all this year, either. Perhaps I'm turning Gay! No. I remember now. I got a semi hard-on thinking about Hannah Waterman's breasts when she was performing in "Just The Two Of Us". Sorry boys. Another time, yes?

What else?

I have booked a ticket to see Amy Winehouse's show at the Carling Academy next month (Lorraine wasn't interested) and I have rediscovered reading. Morning and evening I have been reading the first of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books, "The Colour Of Magic". Brilliant. Very funny. I am so glad that Lorraine bought me that book for Christmas. There's a story behind Lorraine getting me that book for Christmas, which I will go into tomorrow.

At this moment the New Year looks good.

Comments:
"Perhaps I'm turning Gay!"
I don't think that means you can't beat off mate. ;-)

I can understand the whole front room thing, the whole denial of sex thing is not going to do your noggin much good, at least the front room isn't also the front line so to speak.
Besides, you can always take the laptop in there when the urge returns!
 
And there was me just about to offer to fly over and lend you a helping hand. Oh well.

Terry Pratchett is one of my favourite authors. Screamingly funny.
 
I used to work with Hannah Waterman, you know. We both worked in the Students Union at our Uni. I don't recall her having majestic breasts at that point.
 
Yay! Rediscovering reading is a marvellous way to start the new year. I haven't read much Pratchett, but everyone I know who has raves about him. He's clever and highly imaginative, but I can only read humourous books once in a rare while. They don't inspire me enough.

And it's hardly surprising you haven't fancied any sex so far this year. You've been in a sorry state of unwell affairs! I don't think anyone feels especially sexual whilst suffering vomiting and diarrhoea. Do they...?
 
stef - Indeed. Out of the war zone, and we are getting on just fine without mention of that nasty, dirtyness, thank you very much.

dougzar - If I should ever... um... turn, I will give you a call.

lb - No doubt your mind was on higher things.

skywolf - I don't remember the last time I read a really funny book.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?