Monday, January 29, 2007

 
Excuse me while I swallow this lump in my throat. (Swallows.)

Also, I need to wipe away this tear. (Wipes.)

I've literally just finished reading "The Time Traveler's Wife". I am a complete and utter wuss. Nobody told me it was a love story and a weepie and that I would be experiencing many a quivering lip and misty eye moment.

Bastards.

They are planning a movie of "The Time Traveler's Wife" and are in discussions with Rachel McAdams to play Clare. I think that she would be a mighty fine choice. Henry? I don't know. I believe that at one point Brad Pitt was attached. Not bad, but somebody like Patrick Wilson would be better.

Next book up? "Tanner's Tiger" by Lawrence Block.

Talking about movies, I saw two at the weekend - "The Fountain" and "Venus". I liked them both a great deal. Time permitting I will go into them tomorrow. Not now. I am beyond tired.

(Tired of a lot of things, really. Situations. People. Missed opportunities. I'll go into it sometime. At the moment I like my isolation.

I'm mysterious, me...)

Labels: ,


Comments:
Oh, I've been wanting to read "The Time Traveler's Wife". I have heard that its very good. I guess I'd better have a box of tissues handy.
 
I've had the Time Traveler's Wife recommended to me a couple of times. It's missing an L though which irritates me.

Weepy eh? I'd better steer clear then, I'm a total wuss too and cry and pretty much everything even vaguely sad. I also do most of my reading on the tube which is a bad combination.
 
ginny - You'd better make it a big box of tissues.

stef - Yes, I noticed the missing 'l' as well. I had to correct (or is that un-correct?) my own spelling
 
Traveler = American spelling. It bugs me too.
 
Yeah. Silly Americans.

Ah, indeed, The Time Traveler's Wife is amazing. And such a weepie. But also hilarious in places as well. I've only read one other book that's given me such an emotional rollercoaster of a read (Fool's Fate by Robin Hobb, but unless you're a diehard fan of hers you probably haven't read or heard of it. I worship at her feet. She writes the best fantasy novels ever. Ever!) - laughter, tears, happiness, tragedy, and such a moving love story. Really glad you liked it, Pynchy.

I didn't know they were making a film. As always, I have mixed feelings about that. Films of famous books just give people who can't be bothered to read them an excuse not to. But I'd still be interested to see it. But Brad Pitt as Henry?! Argh, no! He's about as un-Henry like as anyone I can think of. Nic Cage might be a better choice. He's not how I picture Henry either, but is a damn sight closer than Brad Pitt.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?