Monday, December 18, 2006

 
My throat feels as though I have been gargling broken glass. Yes, I have a cold. I was fine when I got up this morning, but not now.

I don't have what Lorraine has been suffering through. It's really nothing. Except for the throat I feel absolutely fine. I hope it stays that way. I have too much to do this week. (Thursday evening, the Jasper Carrott comedy and music extravaganza at the NEC. Friday, the meal out with Bobby and Lana Blue - she of the turquoise eyes. Saturday, the panto Cinderella with my Niece and Nephew.)

Feeling festive, yet? No, me neither. Not really. Maybe this will put you in the mood.

Nicked from Ginny's blog, who nicked it from somewhere else.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I don't think that I have ever had Egg Nog, so it'll have to be Hot Chocolate (with marshmallow bits.)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh, he wraps them. Most definitely.

3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? All the colours of the rainbow.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I don't. Lorraine normally goes mental with the decorating just about... Er... Now.

6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don't really have one.

7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child? Watching Christmas Top Of The Pops with my Dad, circa 1977. Abba, the Floaters, Elvis, Macca at Number 1. It was the last Christmas with my Dad. Bittersweet memory, thinking about it.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't understand the question. What truth about Santa?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Fuck off. Blasthemy!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I don't. See 5.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? A bit of both.

12. Can you ice skate? Nope.

13. Do you remember your favourite gift? 1970. I was 7. I had a space suit. The space helmet lasted until June. It was fantastic!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with Lorraine and my family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I am partial to Ice Cream, but that's not really a Holiday Dessert.

16. What is your favourite Holiday tradition? I insist on watching the Christmas Top Of The Pops (the last time this year, as the show has been scrapped), no matter how bad it might be, and I always go out with my Brother to the footie on Boxing Day.

17. What tops your tree? I have no idea.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? It's probably more fun choosing presents.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? It changes, but this year it's "Merry Christmas Everyone" by Slade and "A Fairytale Of New York" by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl.

20. Candy Canes... Yuck or Yum? Probably yuck.

Comments:
I hope you feel better soon. I too, am beginning to catch that cold from my kids. Yuck! Wasn't the meme fun?
 
Hope you both feel better in time for Christmas.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?