Sunday, December 31, 2006

 
It's not too early to do this. I won't be going to see anything else at the cinema in 2006. In fact, I don't think that I will be doing much of anything at all for the rest of 2006.

My favourite 10 films of 2006. It's been difficult. My first list was 21 entries long.

In no particular order.
  1. "Pan's Labyrinth"
  2. "The Prestige"
  3. "Brothers Of The Head"
  4. "Atomised"
  5. "The Wind That Shakes The Barley"
  6. "Hard Candy"
  7. "United 93"
  8. "Brick"
  9. "Lucky Number Slevin"
  10. "Breakfast On Pluto"

And the worst? Oh, that would have to be "The Wicker Man", by a mile. I'm not going to even explain why. Experience the horror for yourself.

I must have been wound up tight after last night's post, because straight afterwards I had a couple of drinks and then started cooking the dinner. Towards the end of the cooking time Lorraine turned up in the kitchen and started making comments about about how exactly I had timed the cooking of the beef. So, I turned off the gas on the cooker and told her to "fucking do it herself".

Big argument. Obviously. In went on for a long time. She said, in part, that there were only two things wrong with me.

  1. That I always had to be right.
  2. That I was obsessed with sex.

Re. 1. I said that she was talking bollocks and Re. 2. I congratulated her on successfully managing to avoid being penetrated by me since Christmas Day 2005 and asked her if she considered that state of affairs to be an example of a happy sexual relationship to be held up to the world.

Lorraine then said that we should do up the house, sell it and split up. I agreed.

It's not going to happen. I hope it's not going to happen. Two hours after the argument we were watching and laughing at "Stealth" and "The Full Monty" on Sky Movies. Like flicking a switch.

Lorraine was quiet this morning, though. She was deep in thought.

I don't know where she is now. She left the house at 10am to have her hair done and then she was going into town to buy a present for her Aunt, who we are visiting on Tuesday. Before she left she told me to visit my Mom and go catch a film. I did ring my Mom, but she was going out to dinner. I was invited, but I wasn't bothered about going to a steak and chips shithole. I also wasn't bothered about going to the cinema. You won't see me write those words too often.

It's the end of the year. You get a feeling for a year. My feeling is that it has been a rough year for lots of people, for all sorts of reasons. You know who you are.

I hope next year is better.

Pynchon signing off for 2006.


Comments:
There are no easy answers.

Love you heaps. See you next year. You have to take me to the films yet.
 
One thing I love is that you go and watch so many films. I used to watched loads of films but now just don't get around to it and usually wil wait until I buy them on special offers. I do need to go to the cinema more.

On the relationship front I can't really comment but I hope it all works out.
 
Happy New Year!!!
Wishing you health, happiness and lots of good films to see in 2007 x
 
PS I wanted to wish you good luck with working things out too, but not in the same comment. Take care.
 
I hope 2007 turns out to be a most excellent year for you. 2006 has been rough for a lot of people, you're right.

Happy New Year. :)
 
hen - It's a date!

adem - What else is there to do but go to the cinema? And thanks, my friend.

fuff - Same to you, doubled. And another thanks.

skywolf - Yeah, I know and, of course, Happy New Year
 
Yep 2006 was a bunch of arse all round really. Here's to a better 2007!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?