Monday, December 04, 2006

 
It's all a big laugh, isn't it? I can sit here and blase-like write about gorging myself stupid on food and drinking myself senseless. I can laugh about this and think of myself as a lad and a dude and indestructible and untouchable.

Not so indestructible. Not untouchable. Not such a lad and a dude.

About 20 minutes after I went to bed on Sunday morning I awoke suddenly and had to go to the bathroom. I got there in time and vomited copiously for about 10 minutes, while also managing to shit myself. I cleaned up, went back to bed and did the same thing an hour later. And again an hour later after that. On the fourth visit to the bathroom I didn't vomit, but stuff was still coming out of the other end.

I was ill all night. I thought I was dying.

Long story cut short. I didn't leave the house at all yesterday and could barely eat anything. I had stomach cramps and a fever. I think it was food poisoning; possibly because of something that I ate on Saturday. (I suspect some clotted cream that I had with some scones in Cafe Zest at Rackhams. It tasted... Tangy. I shouldn't have touched it.) I still have a stomach ache. I still have the reminder of the tablets that the Doctor gave me after I had a stomach bug last time and I've taken some. They seem to have stopped the shits.

Nice story. Lorraine thinks that I have a weak constitution. No. I just eat the wrong things constantly.

I didn't go to work today. Lorraine told me to forget it. Good girl. Fuck 'em. Anyway, I am still ill. The stomach cramps are still here, although not as bad as before. If I still feel like this, I will not be going into work tomorrow, either. It's a damn nuisance. Lorraine has booked 2 and a half days off work starting on Wednesday afternoon. She is going to visit family. This looks like I am skiving.

Oh, fuck 'em. I'm not making this up.

I need to eat something. Eggs, methinks.

Don't feel sorry for me. There are things that I can do to help myself and I am not doing them. I am as bored with my ill health as everybody else must be reading about it.

Comments:
Sounds like you've had a rough couple of days! Take care and avoid 'tangy' cream. Ew, lol.
 
Nevermind, it was all the rage in Roman times. In those days you'd be considered high society.
 
Gah, food poisoning is seriously horrible. Hope you're feeling better very soon indeed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?