Friday, November 24, 2006

 
Very quick post as I am on Lorraine's laptop and my big, fat fingers are too large for the tiny little keys on the keyboard. Thank God for spell checkers.

The house is very quiet. It is raining outside. The TV is not on. Moon is asleep in the kitchen. I keep imagining that I can hear dripping from inside of the house, but it is my imagination. I am a looooooooneyyyyyy!

I have been helping Sister 3 over the phone to setup a Google Mail account. It has been a nightmare, but it is now done and dusted.

I'm now going to get some mince out of the freezer so that I can make some chilli and rice for Lorraine, when she gets back tomorrow. After that I am sit going to sit down and write out a list of everything else that I need to do. I will be in bed by 23:10.

I may be back sometime tomorrow, or I may not. Whatever.

Have a nice Saturday, people.

Comments:
if it makes you feel any better, I totally relate to all that loony stuff. With me it's my specs. I have spent all week in and out of opticians trying to make the damn things fit properly and always failing. I just totally fixate on them until I give myself a headache and I can't tell if they fit or don't fit. They're 18 months old, ffs!

I am a looooooooneyyyyyy tooooooo!

ST
 
Well... I speak fluent backwards. This means I also often think in backwards. It can be very strange at times, but has been going on in my head for nearly twelve years now, so it's not likely to wear off.

It can be odd when I say a thought aloud to someone though, forgetting to translate it into forwards first. I have received strange looks.

We could start Looney Bloggers Anonymous.
 
Call me uninformed, or call me American, but what is mince? and why does one use it in chili? And you eat rice with chili? And here I thought these Midwesterners were odd for eating chili over spaghetti.
 
swiss - Exactly the same as Sister 2. True, she once was given a pair of glasses with the lenses in back to front, so I suppose that has affected her for life.

skywolf - Speak backwards? You're not the dwarf out of "Twin Peaks" are you? I wish I could do that. Speak backwards, that is. Not be a dwarf.

daisy mae - Mince is ground beef. Amazingly enough wikipedia have an entry all about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_mince

The chilli is some kind of spicy chilli sauce out of a bottle. Brown the beef, mix in the sauce, simmer, cook some boiled rice. Throw it up on a plate. Eat.

I'm not a great cook.
 
Mmm. I love a good chili.

Yes. I do speak backwards. It is a very odd thing that happened when I was 13 years old. Don't know how or why... I just could suddenly speak backwards. It was something to do with an obessive-compulsive need to read backwards every word I saw written down during a spate of illness in which I was bed-ridden for a week. At the end of the week, I found myself suddenly speaking and thinking fluently in backwards.

But no. I am not a dwarf. At 5 foot 9.5 inches tall, I don't think I quite qualify for dwarf status.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?