Thursday, November 23, 2006

 
I've been reading blogs. It's taken time. I have a fair few on my favourites, these days. I've also been commenting when the urge struck me. There is a whole world of stories out there and I've realised how much I missed being a part of it over the last week or so.

Never again.

The senior managers returned today from the off site planning session. (Basically it is a jolly boys outing where they decamp en masse to Portugal, or wherever, to drink, eat, play golf and run strategy meetings in the evenings. Nice work if you can get it, not that I would ever, personally, play golf.)

James Cunt was back in his office this afternoon. At one point I heard him tearing a strip off one of his team leaders, over some minor toss that had not been sorted while he was away getting a tan. Cunt was very loud. Unreasonably loud. When team leader came out of the office he looked pretty shamefaced and shown up. I felt comforted by the fact that if he ever tried that stunt on Lorraine, she would probably kick him in the balls and walk out. She will talked to at work with respect and there is no compromising that.

Anything else? Not really. Lorraine is still away. She called. She said that she missed me. It was nice to hear.

I watched a great Australian film on DVD called "The Monkey's Mask". I had seen it years ago at the Midlands Art Centre and it had stayed in my mind. In the most simplistic terms "The Monkey's Mask" could be described as a modern film noir. You know the kind of thing. A girl goes missing. The worried parents hire a private detective. The private detective gets ensnared by a femme fatale. So far, so typical, except the twist here is that the private detective is a lesbian.

Very sexual. Very in your face. Great performances by Suzy Porter and Kelly McGillis (who was 42/43 when she made this film, but was still a thousand times braver and sexier as an older siren than Sharon Stone was in that "Basic Instinct 2" bollocks). I never realised that Abbie Cornish played the missing girl. How old was she when she made this film? 17? 18? I'm glad I finally got around to buying it. Very good.

Here I am again. 12:33am. I should be in bed.

I'm going. I'm going.

Comments:
It's good to see you back again :)
 
yes - it sounds like you're back and in better spirits. Had to digest your previous posts...full disclosure...pretty intense stuff
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?