Sunday, October 15, 2006

 
Today I stayed in the house. For a weekend this was unusual. I don't pretend to do a massive amount of different things with my weekends (I shop, I go to the cinema, sometimes I see my Mom), but I do like to get out of the house. If I spend the whole week at work wishing it was the weekend, then when it comes I want to do something with it, no matter how predictable.

Today I awoke early. I felt down and depressed and hopeless. The thought of going out did not excite me at all. I told Lorraine that I intended to stay in the house and watch TV. This shocked her. It is what she does most Sunday's. It shocked her so much that she decided to go out. Maybe she wanted to get away from me, or is that just paranoia?

So, while Lorraine was out I did the washing up, some ironing and watched the "X-Factor" repeat for nearly 3 hours.

Lorraine came home with chocolate. Her intentions were good, but eating chocolate will not turn me into a sex god. It will turn me into anything but a sex god.

I will regret today. It has been a waste and I know it, but I will be better tomorrow.

For anybody who cares, I did see a film yesterday ("The Night Listener") and I will write about that next time.

(Hmm... Better post than I thought it would be. Certainly better than just writing, "Ah... I just cannot be arsed.")

Comments:
I think there's been a lot it about this weekend.

I did next to fuck all this weekend too, hardly went out and didn't do anything constructive which considering I'm supposed to be moving house in a couple of weeks is bad.

A couple of friends have also had bed-days today.

You are not alone!
 
I'm interested in what you will have to say about The Night Listener. I have read the book several times and am still not quite sure what to make of it all.
 
Whereas I was very active for a Sunday...

There could be a shift in the earth's polarity, causing people's brainwaves to shift around.

Or it could be that sort of weekend...
 
I know what you mean.
 
TV is good.
 
At least you got chocolate.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?