Monday, October 30, 2006

 
In case anybody was wondering, the "right fucking game" I had last night was with installing new software onto my computer; specifically Office 2003 and Norton 2006. I have worked in IT since 1982. (Good Lord! Nearly a quarter of a century. How did that happen?) I know good practice. I laugh loudly at bad practice. Last night I lost my mind completely.

Turn off the modem.
Uninstall the preinstalled version of Norton on my computer.
Install Office 2003.
Install Norton 2006.
Turn on the modem.
Download updates to Norton 2006.
Open Outlook.
Fucked...

because somewhere along the way something screwed up my Internet connection with regard to registering Office 2003.

The lesson, my friends, is never, ever, install software without a backup and never, ever, install multiple pieces of software at the same time. Always backup, install, then test, then backup, then install, then test, etc. It's the way to do it. Do you see a backup anywhere on the list above? No, you fucking don't.

Phew.

Good job I'm a smart boy then (and a handsome one, with a big cock). I got it working. Mainly due to the power of prayer and a reboot.

Stupid bastard. Never again.

I saw "The Last Kiss" a week ago. It has been bugging me that I have not written it up. I'm like that.


"The Last Kiss" is OK, but that is about it. A drama/comedy (rather than a comedy/drama - the difference is crucial) about a group of late twentysomething guys facing up to commitment, fatherhood and growing up. Pretty typical, cliched stuff and all a bit empty. Entertaining enough, I suppose, but it should have been so much better when you consider that it was adapted (from an Italian film called "L'ultimo bacio", which I have never heard of) by Paul Haggis, co writer of the mighty "Crash".

I do like Zach Braff, though. I think he is brilliant in "Scrubs". It would have been really easy for him to go and do a really stupid, obvious broad comedy, but "Garden State", which he wrote, directed and starred in, is a little and subtle gem. The rumour is that Zach Braff is about to be announced as the star of "Fletch Won". I hope it happens. I think Zach Braff has an interesting career ahead of him.

Over the weekend I saw "Red Road" and "Saw III", but I will go into them tomorrow. I have some bills to pay.

Comments:
Love Scrubs (and not just because Sarah Chalke is hot) and you're right about Zach.

Do we need another Fletch movie though? One* was more than enough...

* Yes, I know there were two Fletch movies
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?