Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 
I found out on Friday that Vicky Sunshine is getting married. Danielle Frank (a girl who works with Lorraine and me) told Lorraine and Lorraine told me.

There are some people who will not be aware of the Vicky Sunshine saga. I will not go into it here. For a time I was fixated on that girl. I got ridiculously obsessed, but I stopped short of being a stalker. If that girl had shown even the slightest interest in me, then it would have gotten very messy with Lorraine and me, but she didn't and it didn't. Nothing was ever going to happen. I think that was the gist of our last conversation. I still think of her as one of the best friends I ever had at The Company.

Vicky is apparently marrying her boyfriend. It looks like the thing she had with Luther Twat fizzled out, probably after he had managed to fuck her (big surprise), and she went back to her boyfriend. I met the boyfriend a couple of times at various social events. He always seemed to me to be as thick as two short planks. A man who is a brute, who takes her for granted and does not know how to treat her properly. Or is that the jealously talking?

So, Vicky is getting married...

I might be invited to the wedding. I will decline the invitation. Do I want to feel awful and angry and confused and run "What if?" scenarios in my head? No. I did that on Friday night.

I will leave well alone. I will let things go. I hope that Vicky will be happy, really I do.

I have things to write, but not now.

Comments:
Oh grief a few drinks and a borderline obsession are not a good recipe for a happy wedding day. Good idea to steer clear! :-)
 
But I would give some kind of excuse -- not the truth, if you're invited.
 
I know exactly what you mean - certain people I know are with people to whom it is a mystery they are together to me, to be frank. I understand what you mean when you describe her lover as a brute.
 
Maybe it's for the best, for you. It may well have turned into a mess otherwise.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?