Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 
Steve Irwin's widow Terri has announced in an interview that the footage of her husband's death will never be broadcast. You can read the BBC news story here.

Good choice, but I bet you anything that it will appear on the Internet before the year is out. Perhaps I am just cynical.

I will not be seeking it out. The thought of somebody actually wanting to view it, excluding the professional bodies (police, coroners, etc.) who would have to look at the footage to ascertain what happened, is disgusting and vile. Crass. Obscene. Not interesting, not clever, not entertaining.

I am fine today. My stomach has settled down. I have a headache, but I think that is down to a lack of fresh air and too much TV. I suppose I should go back to work tomorrow.

By the way, "Lost" was interesting, wasn't it? What was that line again? "I think we've found it". Indeed. Hmm...

Comments:
would you watch footage of Princess Diana's car crash?
 
I saw autopsy photos of JFK on the internet. Don't think that I'll ever recover from that.
 
Glad you're feeling better.
I bet it's out in a week, not that I would ever view it.
 
If the footage ever made it out, then it would have to be an inside job either by the police or by the production company. Someone would most likely die at the hands of an unruley mob if it ever happened. Me, I don't think it will hapen as Irwin pretty much only surrounded himself with people of integrity.
 
Mark - No, I wouldn't.

katyola - Completely by accident I saw pictures of the dead Otis Redding being taken out of river into which his plane crashed and Buddy Holly lying dead in a field. Both personal heroes of mine, and I never want to see anything like that again.

fuff - I hope you are wrong.

hen - I think you are probably right. He seemed to be much loved.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?