Monday, September 04, 2006

 
So, where was I? Oh, yes.

Friday 1st September 2006. I was 43 years and 1 day old.

Is it true that you can drink lots of champagne and not get a hangover? Well, it was for me on Friday morning. I slept in, but only because I was tired. Lorraine, being insane and apparently in possession of the constitution of a horse, decided to get up at 5am and go to work. This surprised me a bit because Lorraine had booked the week off work. Her reason for going to work? She had things to do and the things couldn't wait.

Hell, we all have things to do. Some of us just don't want to do them.

Lorraine said she was only going to do a couple of hours at work, and that turned out to be true. She was back in the house by 9am.

We were out of the house by 10am, up the road to do a bit of shopping and back in the house by 12pm, watching terrible daytime TV and awaiting the arrival of the Techie to install the wireless network. While we were waiting Lorraine made a blueberry muffin cake. She had bought a mould. By 4pm were were eating Mickey Mouse's legs. They tasted nice.

The Techie arrived at 5pm. He appeared to be about 12 years old and looked like a younger version of Swiss Toni. (The real Swiss Toni, that is. Not the picture that is displaying on his blog at the moment.) Techie was fast and he was good. In, out, a couple of ctrl-Q's and the job was finished inside 15 minutes. I would like to say that this was because of the marvelous preparation that Lorraine and I had made, but it probably isn't the case. Techie even gave us a bit of training in sharing peripherals, etc. The IT Therapy service at Comet. Well worth the money. (I can only speak as I find.)

Friday evening we spent playing with the laptop and the computer. Wireless. Just fantastic.

Saturday 2nd September 2006. I was 43 years and 2 days old.

We went to London and saw Tom Conti in the West End in Jeffrey Bernard Is Unwell. I will write about that tomorrow.

Comments:
Did the Techie get to eat any of Mickey Mouse? And if so, which part?

(Oh, my word for the day is 'tubmud'. how kinky!)
 
a younger version of me?

does.

not.

compute...

ST.

(you lucky things!)
 
Lorraine got up at 5, went to work and was back by 9?

Sounds like she was still pissed!
 
dougzar - No, he didn't. Mickey Mouse did enjoy being eaten by Lorraine, though.

swiss - No, really. Spitting image of you, but younger. I mentioned it to Lorraine. She asked if you were married. (Ha ha ha ha!)

stef - Pissed? No. Just mentally ill.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?